bandwidth draining away

MCoupe

Reaction score
I can't beleive the number of Droids blowing off the shelves at Verizon stores right now. Good for Motorola, but.....

Anybody know how all the 3G phones going live Christmas day will effect bandwidth? So far I've seen my bandwidth drop steadily in the last 2 weeks as more and more people get off of school/work.

Any predictions on impact? I've been forced to go on live WiFi supplement just to restore some sort of speed.

Silver Member
Reaction score
do you have any proof of this concept short of personal opinion? bandwidth is related to signal strength. if you have a poor signal, you're going to get a lower bandwidth.

OP
M

MCoupe

Reaction score
I was going by the results logs of all my speedtest reports. I get better results late at night (2am) than I do when everybody in the city is awake and using their devices and it's steadily dropping over the weeks.

Silver Member
Reaction score
that doesn't mean anything. that could just mean that the servers you are using are busy. it could mean the route you're taking to test the bandwidth is being highly utilized. speedtest is not an accurate measurement of your allotted bandwidth (ie, vzw's capability to support data intensive customers).

boatman2220

Reaction score
I was going by the results logs of all my speedtest reports. I get better results late at night (2am) than I do when everybody in the city is awake and using their devices and it's steadily dropping over the weeks.
Could be atmospheric conditions as well.