Bald Faced Bucket of Dont

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I admit I didnt read the whole thread yet. But...what about trying another Droid? If that doesnt work, there are other phones that run Android....try the Incredible.

And if ALL phones that run Android dont work for you, oh well. Get a BB, Palm, WinMo.

See, that wasnt so hard, was it....

Edit: I see....so he has a BlackBerry now.....and its working fine.....so whats the problem....u and Droid phones are not compatible. It happens, just like with men and women.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Thanks for all the great feedback.

Picked a bad spot to point out issues with the Droid - this forum should be called the Droid cheerleaders forum.

At least not everyone here is more interested in putting me down than getting the point that the Droid has some serious deficiencies that folks should be aware of before they shell out $400 for a telephone.

Seriously??? Okay, you come to a forum that is Droid oriented, you register for that forum, I am assuming you read around a little bit before posting, and yet on your very first post you slam the Droid and wonder why we all jump to on your OP?? You can't be serious.

First off, you have come to a forum dedicated to the Droid world and support of the Droid, so why would you think anyone would want to hear your complaints and how quickly you are returning your Droid. I think you would have been better off expressing your complaints and seeing if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix them. I too came from a BB and quickly found that in some instances the Droid did not meet my needs. I searched and found comparable apps that fixed my issues and now my Droid not only meets my corporate needs but exceeds them.

Next, you actually paid $400 for your Droid???? Were you just not thinking that day??? I am not sure that any of us on this forum paid full price for our Droids. Even if you went through Verizon a new 2 year contact (when the Droid was new) was $199.00.

I am sorry that you are not happy with your Droid and it is probably best that you return it and go back to a phone that you are more comfortable with. Too bad you did not do your homework before purchasing the Droid. In addition, it is too bad that you did not allow this forum and all its wonderful wisdom and assistance help you learn more about your Droid and the abilities of your Droid.

Good luck with your next phone just please before you purchase, do your homework. Don't go blasting a forum's response to your complaints and low regards for a machine we all love and are promoting.

spillner

Reaction score
Sounds like a networking issue between the phone and the chair.

Seriously though I had my problems with this phone or rather the lack of instructions that came with it. I would have probably returned it myself if I didn't find this website. Now I can't put the thing down. Bluetooth aint great but I got a hands free voice dialer that works pretty damn good with it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ Not only this forum, but I found fixes in a few other places too. The key thing is we actually tried to fix the problems. I tell ppl all the time, I RARELY go to major companies support dept. when I have problems. Most, if not all answers can be found online, even if the answer is telling you to go to Verizon support...lol.

And the alarm clock has a folder that has the ringtones, (in system/media/audio/alarms) so I'm pretty sure u can add your own...(they are in .ogg format, and u may have to be rooted, but still )

Last edited:

groovydeus

Reaction score
Nothin' to see?! 240lb man fingers (note the addition of the 'man' part - must be sensitive to the man thing...no chance they would be 240lb woman fingers) would be worth a $5 ticket at the carnival.

Seriously, the size of his fingers may explain his difficulties with technology.

R

Romple

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Picked a bad spot to point out issues with the Droid - this forum should be called the Droid cheerleaders forum.

At least not everyone here is more interested in putting me down than getting the point that the Droid has some serious deficiencies that folks should be aware of before they shell out $400 for a telephone.

I think you miss the point here.

Your post made you look extremely foolish, childish, nearly unintelligible, idiotic, nearly obsessive, and whiny, amongst other things. Your obvious attempt at a play on the "droid does" slogan only served to give you the appearance of having such a weak grasp on the English language that most of our pets probably could have drafted a better post.

There's a lot of posts from people that have issues with the Droid or Android in general that no one disputes. Most of the time we talk about their issues to see if there's an easy resolution, and sometimes it's suggested they try a different device. There's very few people that consider the Droid the be-all-end-all of devices. It's a great device that most of us love. But it's cool if you don't.

Bottom line, no one's even arguing with your points. They're just laughing at how completely foolish you look. But thank you for giving us all something (and someone) to laugh at.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blackberry is like driving a Model T Ford. Have fun with antiquated technology.

Reaction score
After spending 2 hours on the phone with Support on these and other issues - for which there was no resolution - the support rep said I should get a Blackberry. I did and so far I have none of these same issues.

Actually it sounds like a BlackBerry may even be to advanced for you,May I suggest one of these.

princessphone.jpg

What in the Heck is that? A cell phone? It's huge!?! What's with the dial?
Some kind of Steam punk phone?

FootballRef

Reaction score
Wow...get rid of the Droid then come here to complain. He should have spent the 2 weeks here and maybe things would have worked out a little better. I joined this forum before I got my Droid. Very good place if you are having issues or questions.

chazpin

Reaction score
BOLD Faced Bucket of Don't.

I'm sure constructive criticism is appreciated here at this forum but, if you are going to bash a product on its own forum and not even ask for help on possibly fixing those issues the least you can do write basic sayings correctly.

Dustinmj

Reaction score
Feel really bad for the tech at the vzw store.... he must have wanted to shoot himself... grinding his teeth while standing there listening to: 'y'all <this> and y'all <that>'... interlocking his fingers on both hands in front of him in an attempt to keep his body from shaking... hair on the back of his neck standing up... taking deep breathes slowly hoping his face wasn't red as a cherry... until finally, enough was enough... speaking through is clenched jaw he said: "Sir, you should probably get a blackberry." before turning around all but running to the back room... causing everybody in the store to look his direction as he passed them by.

Well, that's how I imagined it.

ricks

Reaction score
Feel really bad for the tech at the vzw store.... he must have wanted to shoot himself... grinding his teeth while standing there listening to: 'y'all <this> and y'all <that>'... interlocking his fingers on both hands in front of him in an attempt to keep his body from shaking... hair on the back of his neck standing up... taking deep breathes slowly hoping his face wasn't red as a cherry... until finally, enough was enough... speaking through is clenched jaw he said: "Sir, you should probably get a blackberry." before turning around all but running to the back room... causing everybody in the store to look his direction as he passed them by.

Well, that's how I imagined it.

I would have loved to see that