Bald Faced Bucket of Dont

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by droiddont, May 10, 2010.

1. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

I have none of those problems except the bluetooth things. Other than that it's just sounds like you lack the mental capacity to figure things out. Sounds like your smartphone was smarter than you were.
  2. gardobus

gardobus New Member

You could have at least used "Doesn't".

Also, say what you will but I've had a couple Blackberrys and they in no way come close to being better than my Droid.
  3. AirForceE7

AirForceE7 New Member

See You Later Man (lol!!!!!!!!!!!) Love My Moto Droid And My Incredible
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Oh, come now. It's certainly possible to create a user profile for whom a BlackBerry is far superior to the Droid. A user whose most important functions involve bluetooth dialing, heavy email use in a corporate environment, and extensive scheduling features with business colleagues is far better off with a BlackBerry than a Droid.

There are workarounds and third party apps for most of the weaknesses of the Droid in these areas but at best it comes off as second best.

One of my colleagues got a Droid at the same time I did. He worked with it for almost a month and gave it up to return to his BlackBerry. If my priorities matched his, I would have done the same.
  5. gardobus

gardobus New Member

I guess you're right but I can't think of one thing I liked better about my two Blackberrys than my Droid. I guess I'd have to be more schedule driven to feel that way.

At least I didn't write out a whole "Blackberry DONT" list. :p
  6. papy72

papy72 New Member

Why would the mods delete your post?
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I feel the same way about my Droid. But in these endless discussions it's important to remember that the Droid is a much more "generic" device than most BlackBerry's. The Droid can be configured to do much of what a BlackBerry can do (and a whole lot a BB cannot do at all.) But there are good reasons that BB devices still dominate smart phone sales. For a particular niche (and it's a very big niche), they are simply very well designed devices.
  8. cchhiipp

cchhiipp New Member

[​IMG]
  9. Sayersj629

Sayersj629 New Member

"I don't know about you but holding a DROID to my ear makes my hand and arm hurt and looks weird 'cause it is so big - a headset is a must when talking on this paperweight."

The droid only weighs 6 oz if it hurts your arm you're a wimp plain and simple.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
  10. trumpet444

trumpet444 New Member

A big bucket of grammatical errors and whining! I've had no problems with anything written here. Never tried to use a bluetooth headset with it though, but then again I'm able to hold this ridiculously heavy phone to my ear with 185lb man fingers. (and some blackberrys are fairly large too)

But the weirdest thing is that this is his first post. So, he returned his phone (I think), but then found a popular forum for the returned phone, signed up as "droiddont", and whined about something he's presumably already fixed!.........

"I just may go join a Plymouth forum and complain about the transmissions in the early 90's models EVEN THOUGH I no longer drive one!!!"
  11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I think everyone knows why he came and he probably won't be back. But it's not because I closed the thread. Thread gets closed if you guys get to vicious. So far that hasn't happened. He decided to throw gasoline all over himself.

Just watch the language guys. Family friendly.
  12. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Probably just as well that he is gone. I am sorry but if he started out with a bad experience, he would have never found any happy place with the Droid. Its too bad because the Droid is a fantastic machine. He probably would have been nothing but a complainer here on the forums anyways.

His loss!!!!
  13. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

Looks like someone needs to do a little more of this :lifting: so his 240lb man fingers (btw, who has fingers that weight that much???) can pick up a 6 oz device. :rofl3:

By the way, the Storm, Storm 2, weighs 5.5 oz, hope you didn't get one of those. Although I guess the massive man fingers can handle something that's an ounce less in weight.

That post really grinds my gears. I just graduated college with a degree in Technical Communication, so when I see massive amounts of poor grammar like that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Oh well, have fun with your BlackBerry.
  14. droiddont

droiddont New Member

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Picked a bad spot to point out issues with the Droid - this forum should be called the Droid cheerleaders forum.

At least not everyone here is more interested in putting me down than getting the point that the Droid has some serious deficiencies that folks should be aware of before they shell out $400 for a telephone.
  15. billyk

billyk New Member

Not a cheerleader at all.

Just really good at picking out trolls.
  16. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

You paid $400? Ouch, got mine for $50. I think it was a great deal.

You might have received different responses had you approached your original post differently.
  17. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Let's go Moto Droid yeaaa! Hip Hip Hooooorrraaayy! Go Team.
  18. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

Wow, he posted...again.

Also if you think we're fan-boys now, just wait until the Droid2 comes out. dancedroiddancedroid
  19. Sayersj629

Sayersj629 New Member

There are fixes or workarounds for everything you talked about, with the exception of the fact that you think 6 oz is heavy. And thats the only point you listed that I took issue with. I hope you enjoy your blackberry.
  20. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

There is a fix for the bluetooth debacle? If so, I think a lot here would like to know about it...