Bad things come in threes?

M

Matth3w

So this morning the dealer called me and said that the previous owner (had to be them, I've only driven the car a couple thousands miles and I've been driving a manual tranny with no issues for 13 years) tore up the clutch and flywheel in my Cadillac CTS-V. It was in there for warranty work on the clutch master cylinder and when they took it apart they saw the clutch and flywheel issues. $1500 approximately from the dealer for parts. Jesus. Found an aftermarket aluminum flywheel and stage 1 clutch for 675 with 100 bucks for two day shipping. Much better. And the dealer is doing me a big favor and letting me keep the car there apart (they are only going to charge me 45 bucks to install the new clutch and flywheel) since we are pretty friendly...and also let me keep the rental until Friday.

Then this afternoon I get a call from my mom's ex husband (they are still friends) saying they were eating dinner and she collapsed and is unresponsive and on the way to the hospital in an ambulance. And nothing I can do because I live like 2500 miles away except wait to hear if she is ok.

So if this is the ****tiness of my day so far, what is the third thing?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude that sucks really bad......sorry to hear that about your mother...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sorry to hear about your Mom....

Why just a Stage 1?

actrack03

Reaction score
I just had a clutch and flywheel installed in my passat. They cost $320 and $400 respectively. I work for a dealer and that is our cost. Luckily I had my guys in the shop install it on the company dime.

OP
M

Matth3w

OEM is ridiculous. I'm getting two performance parts for almost a third of the cost of one set of OEM

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's sending your mom good thoughts, hang in there. 47 isn't old.

lockman

Reaction score
First off, I hope everything's ok with your mom. Been there, done that. Don't wish it on anyone.

gmpartsdirect.com is where I go whenever I can. Upgraded to Z06 brakes for the dealer cost of rotors. Borla exhaust w/ crossover for less than stock, etc.