Bad Tech Rep in store?

heavyMGS

Reaction score
Rda, I am a retail sales rep at a direct/corporate store so maybe I can shed some light on the situation. That was a direct store you were at, I can say that with certainty. Yes, he DOES have to replicate the issue in the store, thats not him being a dick, that's the policy that Flextronics, which is technically his employer, makes him go by.

As far as the wobbly screen? That would be my single biggest pet peeve about the droid. My droid does it, your droid does it, the thousands of droids I have sold do it. It is a sad, frustrating, and omnipresent quirk. You could exchange a thousand droids, and they'd all have that slight wobble when pushing down on the bottom portion. Sorry but thats how it is.

The headphone jack? Huh, I dunno, I use BT Stereo, but I have seen ports of every kind be slightly loose on many devices. I guess the important thing is is it coming/falling apart? If yes then you have a legitimate issue.

If the screen is responding incorrectly that is a definite problem that should be corrected. But again, remember the Bs policy the employee must follow. HE MUST replicate, or no dice.

But don't worry, all you gotta do is just make a fuss next time without being outta control and once you get a manager involved especially if its within 30 days you should have ZERO problem getting it exchanged, just don't take no for an answer if you truly have a serious defect. :icon_ devil:

Hmm...I didn't know that you guys had to replicate it...on these forums it seems like if you're in the 30 Days its kind of like a walk in no questions asked thing (except you saying what the problem is and stuff). The wobbling screen I didn't worry much since i was in line i checked out the other droids and tested them out and they did wobble a bit. I have loss some audio/skipping in the song while listening to it and since the first thing i noticed was the "loose" jack i assumed it was that. But that still doesn't explain the other 2 problems with the screen. So just because it only happens about 5 Minutes in a 24 hour day and its not while im in the store and the Tech Rep can't see it they can't do anything about it?

They make a big deal out of the replication because VZW cannot sell that device "as new" anymore so they are eating the cost if they send you out a new phone. That's why their are rules and procedures they have to follow before they can do it, troubleshooting/replication.

Now I'm not saying you should not get a brand new phone if you do truly have a defective Droid, I'm just saying that VZW has procedures in place to minimize people who come in and say something is wrong with their phone and 7 times out of 10 its actually the user of the device, but it's always a case by case basis.

A Direct Store should certainly be able to help you though, the rep you talked to on the phone was correct. If you go back, talk to a manager, but just remember to not loose your cool and flip out, be rational and just explain your side of the story.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify. Yes, if you are within your 30 days, they should exchange with no questions asked. I was assuming you were out of the 30. One thing that would definitely help would be I think you are simply going to the wrong side of the store. Sounds like you were in the tech service side of the store dealing with a Flextronics Technician. You need to go over the sales/customer service side of the store and speak with an salesrep/csservicerep/manger and simply say you want to exchange it and you are within 30 days. If they wont call customer service and CS will set em straight. :motdroidhoriz::icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz:

lol...yeah still within my 30 days and if I was out of it I would understand why he would have to replicate the problem...(But still brings up the question what if the problem doesn't happen in the store? But doesn't matter to me though). Yeah the guy that directs me where to go in the store sent me there and wouldnt the SalesRep/CS Rep send me to the Flextronics Technician? But either way since you mentioned that I might even go tomorrow...Thanks!!:):)

L

legion

That was the greeter you initially talked to when you walked in and he was doing what he thought you needed which was a "warrant replacement" but what you want is a "30 Day Worry Free Exchange" becuase the phone is "DOA". But either way they should replace the phone just becuase you asked, if not complain politely and they will do it I promise.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify. Yes, if you are within your 30 days, they should exchange with no questions asked. I was assuming you were out of the 30. One thing that would definitely help would be I think you are simply going to the wrong side of the store. Sounds like you were in the tech service side of the store dealing with a Flextronics Technician. You need to go over the sales/customer service side of the store and speak with an salesrep/csservicerep/manger and simply say you want to exchange it and you are within 30 days. If they wont call customer service and CS will set em straight. :motdroidhoriz::icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz:

As long as you are not calling CS and saying, "yeah the store says I should get credit on my bill and they told me I just need to call you and you would do it no problem" :icon_ nono: But seriously, if they won't help, call CS and if you get a good rep *ahem* :) who knows the policies and procedures, action will be taken.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
That was the greeter you initially talked to when you walked in and he was doing what he thought you needed which was a "warrant replacement" but what you want is a "30 Day Worry Free Exchange" becuase the phone is "DOA". But either way they should replace the phone just becuase you asked, if not complain politely and they will do it I promise.

Yes, you sound like one of the good ones ! :yr1:

L

legion

Well, I wouldnt say one of the good ones but at least one of the ones that isnt going to go out of the way to be a total dickhead. :icon_ rasta:

heavyMGS

Reaction score
Well, I wouldnt say one of the good ones but at least one of the ones that isnt going to go out of the way to be a total dickhead. :icon_ rasta:

Hence, one of the good ones.

I'm sure you can figure out which end I'm on now ehh?

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score

Yup...Thanks Legion and everyone else that helped :icon_ banana: