Bad SIM card?

PittsburghKID21

Reaction score
Hey all! I bought a droid razr a few days ago and I have a problem. I have no 4g! I have 4g lte provided through verizon but it doesn't work. When I first got the phone I worked.... barley. It would work for a couple seconds then cut out. A friend told me that taking the SIM card out and putting it back in and then restarting the phone might resolve the issue. It didn't. It made it worse. Now I have NO 4g lte, 4g, or even 3g at all. Any suggestions on how to fix it??? I'll try to contact Verizon soon but any advice o a quick fix would be appreciated.
-Rudy

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did you turn off the phone before you removed the sim card? Then power it on, then power it off, replace the simcard, and power back on.

If not, you fried the simcard. You'll need to got to a vzw store and have them give you a new one. They're free.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try instead powering the phone on first, then when the phone prompts you, install the SIM card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Sounds about normal to me, at least on 3 out of 4 of the Razrs I've had. For me it's been the phones. Try a new SIM card first before a phone swap & make sure it's before you're past 14 days if you do a phone swap so you get a new phone instead of a refurbished.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Last edited:
OP
P

PittsburghKID21

Reaction score
4g works for only a few seconds.

I realized that the data enabling setting was off on my phone. The 4g lte works now but only for a few seconds. I can load one web page but can not after that because I lose connection. Any Ideas?
-Rudy

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Could just be network issue in your area, or your phone is like 3 of mine have been. Supposedly the SIM card can cause data drops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

rpittillo

Reaction score
I live in NC, and I don't have 4g here-yet. But my data has been dropping off a few times a day for the past week. I got a new sim card too days ago. Still drops but not as often. Thinking it may be a network issue. Least I hope so, my 14 day window is closed.