bad screen? I just don't see it

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If only Samsung would toss a Super AMOLED Plus in a Motorola phone, perfection could be achieved.

As for if the Pentile is helping battery life,

"Super AMOLED Plus, first introduced with the Samsung Galaxy S II series smartphones, is a further development where the PenTile RGBG pixel matrix is replaced with a common RGB subpixels arrangement, going from eight to twelve subpixels in a group, resulting in finer details. The screen technology is also brighter, thinner and 18% more energy efficient."

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ The dispaly on that phone is supposed to be awesome. Are they still in the 800x400 resolution range tho?

billyk

Reaction score
"If only Samsung would toss a Super AMOLED Plus in a Motorola phone, perfection could be achieved."

Perfection for you. Not for me!

This is exactly why this debate might just go on forever. If we could get to the point where we just say "For me....." then it's framed as it should be - totally subjective and the debate fades away.

If anyone considers SAP perfect - that great, for them.

I am totally impressed with the Bionic's display - best ever, for me!

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can watch the above video about the X2's screen (the same exact screen as the Bionic) and say it's the best screen, then you are just lying to yourself.

The proof is there, you just refuse to admit the facts.

My point was, with Motorola's build quality and Samsungs recent Super AMOLED Plus screens, they could give us a phone worthy of spending $300 for.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can watch the above video about the X2's screen (the same exact screen as the Bionic) and say it's the best screen, then you are just lying to yourself.

My point was, with Motorola's build quality and Samsungs recent Super AMOLED Plus screens, they could give us a phone worthy of spending $300 for.
Preference is still preference. You can't tell someone what they think.

billyk

Reaction score

No need to get personal pal.

The un-hyped, natural colors and the ability to read it outside makes the Bionic best for me. Pretty plain and simple.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't need to tell people what to think, I can allow the facts to prove the screens problem.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

the problem is we would probably have to pay the cost for them to license the screen from samsung thereby making the phone a $400+ phone instead of a 300, and I like being able to see it outside. besides... I CANNOT see the pentile matrix unless it's a full green screen and I hold it touching my nose.... or I watch it through a macro lense on a camera... which until I can install those in my head doesn't bother me, seeing as I probably won't ever look at it through a camera lense, unless making a video.

therefore, this is indeed the best screen I have ever had, which makes it the best screen, FOR ME!

Stats are stats, they don't always hold true and alot of times they are biased, I've heard somewhere 160% of all statistics are made up, not sure if it's true, but it sounds good. sorry you can see the pentile matrix, I just wanted a good explanation as to what it was, and some people have definitely offered it in this thread, and I thank you guys... it sucks you can't stand it... hopefully the droid prime or nexus prime or droid hd or whatever else comes out soon will be good enough for you, there are billions of people, you can't make everyone happy.

powerwagon

Reaction score

Sorry...went to Sprint yesterday and played with the SG2 for about 30 mins....NOT impressed AT ALL. The screen was not bright, the resolution makes the freakin' icons look huge and out of proportion with the phone. Much much much prefer the screen and total layout of my Bionic. By the way, I had money in hand prepared to leave Verizon and switch to Sprint, but just not worth it. I was actually kind of bummed to be honest as I had been looking forward to the SG2 for quite some time. Oh well...will wait for the next greatest phone down the pike with the big V