Bad reception, failed texts

vett96mik

Reaction score
Ever since updating to KitKat my reception has worsened. I am now unable to send messages in areas I used to be able to, such as my basement that has one and occasionally two bars. The messages will send for a short while, until a certain point when they will all just stop sending and fail. At this point I either have to reboot my phone or turn my phone to airplane mode then turn airplane mode off, then the messages will send. This may seem like an insignificant issue, but it happens every 5 minutes or so and has become seriously irritating. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Nugiange

Reaction score
No idea to fix but I'm having the same issue. Test messages are not going through.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Ever since updating to KitKat my reception has worsened. I am now unable to send messages in areas I used to be able to, such as my basement that has one and occasionally two bars. The messages will send for a short while, until a certain point when they will all just stop sending and fail. At this point I either have to reboot my phone or turn my phone to airplane mode then turn airplane mode off, then the messages will send. This may seem like an insignificant issue, but it happens every 5 minutes or so and has become seriously irritating. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a similar issue on Verizon. I informed them of it. If you do the other procedure I just toed up for you...then when it reboots from factory reset, take it outside and let it retain radio...can take to thirty minutes. If your verizon...there working on it