1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

bad/poor call quality on your nexus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by outerwave, Dec 25, 2011.

1. outerwave

outerwave New Member

the holidays have brought to my attention some problems with call quality. i live in chicago and get great signal, but my calls are always distorted. as soon as it starts ringing it cuts in and out a bit with digital breakage. like i had zero bars and made a phone call from a basement.

i had to enter a replacement creditcard number on an automated service and even after 6 tries couldnt get it in because of the distortion. calling cust. service, i couldnt understand them clearly.

real bummer.

ive used the regular handset, wired headset, bluetooth, speaker, all the same. i tried flashing the new radios from XDA but it didnt make a difference. ive even SBF'd (or equivalent) when playing with wallet. i'm seeing a lot of people having similar issues online but like they say, happy customers dont post that often.

should i be taking it back? am i getting a refurb now? i'm in it to win it with this phone and want to be happy, but this part i'm struggling with....

advice?
  2. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

Do you have any 3rd party audio apps or music apps installed? This has been a huge factor for me specifically with volume + if so tweek some settings or uninstall
    all those audio apps and start over.
  3. outerwave

outerwave New Member

with apps, with no apps, just crackle... sigh. i'm one of those people that use tons of data but make 40mins of calls month, often less. but those few minutes are proving excruciating. i'll try a swap in a bit.
Search tags for this page
call distortion at start of calls

galaxy nexus call quality

galaxy nexus distorted call quality
galaxy nexus distorted pictures
galaxy nexus poor call sound quality
galaxy nexus voice distortion
low call quality on samsung nexus bluetooth
my galaxy nexus has bad call quality
nexus 4 call quality
nexus 5 bad call quality
nexus voie quality poor