1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bad experience at verizon.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by INSANENEIVIESIS, Feb 6, 2010.

1. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

ok so i go down to my local Verizon store and ask to talk to a tech so what do the do the send me a sales person wow. ok that's not the best part i tell her whats wrong with my droid(my screen was cut off) so she precedes to tell me that its my screen protector. i said its not so she proceeds to remove my 30 DOLLAR ZAGG SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while she did she asked if she could in the middle of removing it WTF. so then the tech comes out telling me nothing is wrong and there pissed cause im giving them attitude well thats what they get for removing my zagg. now i have to wait a week for my zagg did not get a new phone and im within my 30 days and the worst part is there is something wrong because it took it to a Verizon in the mall without a tech and compared to the droid there and its off by an 8th of an inch. i even asked and he said to take it to them and get it replaced.

let me know if you have had a bad experience at Verizon before
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Never, but holy crap, proper punctuation is your friend. You lost me like halfway through because I just can't read that.

I don't go to Verizon for tech advice, but customer service wise, this is the best cell phone company I have dealt with and I literally have had them all either through work or personal.
  3. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Droidforums.net is inhabited by more tech savvy members than all the VZW store technicians put together! If they can't help you here - the store hasn't a prayer! mike :)
  4. INSANENEIVIESIS

i went in the hopes of getting the phone replaced.
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    I would always do that over the phone to the best of your ability. Get to level two tech support or something.
  6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You screwed yourself leaving the zagg on.

You should have taken it off prior to visiting them because:

1. Now they blame it and your account has likely notes pertaining to it on record now.
    2. Verizon can try and void your warranty. Doesn't mean they will, but I've been told more than once that if they catch it on my phone, they will not honor the warranty.
  7. INSANENEIVIESIS

zagg screen protector voids your warranty
  8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

I've had a 50/50 overall customer satisfaction over the phone and at the store.

Regards,
    Rocky
  9. adrynalyne

Depends on who you ask...and a little late to be asking now.

The point is, you never leave something on the phone that they can blame. Ever.

Thats common sense 101.
  10. INSANENEIVIESIS

can someone else tell me if this is correct.
  11. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Why would a screen protector void a warranty? Shouldn't it be the opposite?
  12. adrynalyne

I didn't say it would, I said they could try and void your warranty.

Here is the thing. If you get hold of someone who knows how they are put on the phone, (aka liquid), they are going to cite that you damaged the phone putting it on. If its just a static cling or some light adhesive, its a little different.

See what I am getting at? They will blame what they can, if you give them the opportunity to.

Edit I should note that I have put Zagg shields on several phones in the past. If I had to get the phone checked out, I peeled it off BEFORE taking it in.
  13. dirtygin

dirtygin New Member

That sucks. I went in the other night because my wife dropped her droid, just off the coffee table, a couple of feet maybe, and noticed an hour later that her screen wouldn't come on. When plugged into the charger the light would come on, but after pulling the battery nothing would happen. They replaced it on the spot without question.
  14. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Oh, O.K. I said that because INSANENEIVIESIS said "it voids your warranty".

Thanks for clarifying, though.

Regards,
    Rocky
  15. INSANENEIVIESIS

i got this installed by best buy when i got it and it was fine they just removed it without asking. No way am i going to pretty much tint my droid screen that's crazy lol.
  16. adrynalyne

Argue what you like, but the fact is, you didn't get any warranty work done because they think they solved the problem by removing the protector, and denied you a replacement. So much of this could have been avoided by removing it yourself, beforehand.
  17. texasPI

texasPI New Member

So what? Are you asking BestBuy for a replacement or VZW? They don't care. You're missing the overall point, which is that if the tech or salesperson KNOWS how those type of screen protectors are installed (wet based) it opens a door for them to cite that as having damaged your phone. Who cares if its true or not? Can you prove that installation did not damage your Droid? Can VZW prove it did? Follow me?

You should have taken it off beforehand. I'm (almost) certain there are notes on your account as a result of this visit...
  18. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Am I the only one that doesn't even understand what the problem with your phone actually is? You said it's "off by 1/8" compared to a display model at the mall"?? Off how?
    Did you just walk in and ask to speak to a tech, or did you tell/show them you already own a Droid and are having a tech-related problem? When you walk in, of course they're going to have sales people jump all over you, they work on commission. And while I guess it would have been nice if she'd made sure it was ok with you to take your protector off... even if you'd said no, they probably would have said they couldn't assess your problem fully with it on and would have either taken it off anyway or told you there was nothing they could do.
  19. cuskit

cuskit New Member

My store, you walk in and immediately "sign in" on a computer welcome screen. You then wait until a technician calls your name. I like this system so much better than before when I was mauled walking in the door with all the different sales force..

What does Zagg have to say about warranty and the use of their products? Any disclaimer that it voids your warranty? Yikes - I'd be talking to them real quick! mike :)
  20. Reks

Reks New Member

Was also curious about this