Bad experience at verizon.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
ok so i go down to my local Verizon store and ask to talk to a tech so what do the do the send me a sales person wow. ok that's not the best part i tell her whats wrong with my droid(my screen was cut off) so she precedes to tell me that its my screen protector. i said its not so she proceeds to remove my 30 DOLLAR ZAGG SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while she did she asked if she could in the middle of removing it WTF. so then the tech comes out telling me nothing is wrong and there pissed cause im giving them attitude well thats what they get for removing my zagg. now i have to wait a week for my zagg did not get a new phone and im within my 30 days and the worst part is there is something wrong because it took it to a Verizon in the mall without a tech and compared to the droid there and its off by an 8th of an inch. i even asked and he said to take it to them and get it replaced.

let me know if you have had a bad experience at Verizon before

M

Matth3w

Never, but holy crap, proper punctuation is your friend. You lost me like halfway through because I just can't read that.

I don't go to Verizon for tech advice, but customer service wise, this is the best cell phone company I have dealt with and I literally have had them all either through work or personal.

cuskit

Reaction score
Droidforums.net is inhabited by more tech savvy members than all the VZW store technicians put together! If they can't help you here - the store hasn't a prayer! mike :)

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Droidforums.net is inhabited by more tech savvy members than all the VZW store technicians put together! If they can't help you here - the store hasn't a prayer! mike :)
i went in the hopes of getting the phone replaced.

M

Matth3w

I would always do that over the phone to the best of your ability. Get to level two tech support or something.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You screwed yourself leaving the zagg on.

You should have taken it off prior to visiting them because:

1. Now they blame it and your account has likely notes pertaining to it on record now.
2. Verizon can try and void your warranty. Doesn't mean they will, but I've been told more than once that if they catch it on my phone, they will not honor the warranty.

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

1. Now they blame it and your account has likely notes pertaining to it on record now.
2. Verizon can try and void your warranty. Doesn't mean they will, but I've been told more than once that if they catch it on my phone, they will not honor the warranty.
zagg screen protector voids your warranty

Rocky

Reaction score
ok so i go down to my local Verizon store and ask to talk to a tech so what do the do the send me a sales person wow. ok that's not the best part i tell her whats wrong with my droid(my screen was cut off) so she precedes to tell me that its my screen protector. i said its not so she proceeds to remove my 30 DOLLAR ZAGG SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while she did she asked if she could in the middle of removing it WTF. so then the tech comes out telling me nothing is wrong and there pissed cause im giving them attitude well thats what they get for removing my zagg. now i have to wait a week for my zagg did not get a new phone and im within my 30 days and the worst part is there is something wrong because it took it to a Verizon in the mall without a tech and compared to the droid there and its off by an 8th of an inch. i even asked and he said to take it to them and get it replaced.

let me know if you have had a bad experience at Verizon before
I've had a 50/50 overall customer satisfaction over the phone and at the store.

Regards,
Rocky

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask...and a little late to be asking now.

The point is, you never leave something on the phone that they can blame. Ever.

Thats common sense 101.

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

can someone else tell me if this is correct.

Rocky

Reaction score

Why would a screen protector void a warranty? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I didn't say it would, I said they could try and void your warranty.

Here is the thing. If you get hold of someone who knows how they are put on the phone, (aka liquid), they are going to cite that you damaged the phone putting it on. If its just a static cling or some light adhesive, its a little different.

See what I am getting at? They will blame what they can, if you give them the opportunity to.

Edit I should note that I have put Zagg shields on several phones in the past. If I had to get the phone checked out, I peeled it off BEFORE taking it in.

dirtygin

Reaction score
That sucks. I went in the other night because my wife dropped her droid, just off the coffee table, a couple of feet maybe, and noticed an hour later that her screen wouldn't come on. When plugged into the charger the light would come on, but after pulling the battery nothing would happen. They replaced it on the spot without question.

Rocky

Reaction score

Here is the thing. If you get hold of someone who knows how they are put on the phone, (aka liquid), they are going to cite that you damaged the phone putting it on. If its just a static cling or some light adhesive, its a little different.

See what I am getting at? They will blame what they can, if you give them the opportunity to.
Oh, O.K. I said that because INSANENEIVIESIS said "it voids your warranty".

Thanks for clarifying, though.

Regards,
Rocky

OP
INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

i got this installed by best buy when i got it and it was fine they just removed it without asking. No way am i going to pretty much tint my droid screen that's crazy lol.