Bad data reception problems

vzwtek

Reaction score
Probably a NOC based issue, or it could have been a card out causing the phone to switch into diversity or something like that. Thats why the engineers get paid the big bucks.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I do not live in a 4G area but I have never had 4 bars of service. Usually none or one. My proud x maintained 3 to 4 bars I think it is the phone design. I love the phone but I need to use it at home which is where I get the least reception.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Reaction score
i think my network problems are over. i had 1x on friday to the point where i just shut my phone off because i couldn't deal with it anymore. had my phone on all day saturday and sunday and i only had 1x when i first turned it on for a minute or 2 then i had 3g. my phone bounced between 4g and 3g and stayed there... no 1x during the day at all. this phone is fantastic

studentmer

Reaction score
this phone is a total joke.. until they solve their data connectivity issues definitely stay away from it... it flips back and forth between 3G, 1x, and nothing, rarely hitting the "famous" 4G spot.. whatta disappointment, returning it tomorrow.. btw, I live in downtown Charlotte... customer service tried to convince me I'm in a "weak" coverage area.. LOOL!! it's friggin downtown for gods sakes... plus it doesnt work at work, at the gym, in the park, anywhere... piece of crapola

Cloud36426

Reaction score
this phone is a total joke.. until they solve their data connectivity issues definitely stay away from it... it flips back and forth between 3G, 1x, and nothing, rarely hitting the "famous" 4G spot.. whatta disappointment, returning it tomorrow.. btw, I live in downtown Charlotte... customer service tried to convince me I'm in a "weak" coverage area.. LOOL!! it's friggin downtown for gods sakes... plus it doesnt work at work, at the gym, in the park, anywhere... piece of crapola

Did u contact Verizon? I am having issues too they told me that they are having a number of issues due to the antenna connections on the battery door. I am taking mine back tomorrow for an exchange plus got a hundred dollar credit to my next bill. But I have bought 1000 dollars worth of phones since October. I would call maybe a network issue with 4G. Move is with 3g no LTE here yet but soon.

neoflex

Reaction score
I'm in Union County and usually always have a solid 4G whether I am in Ballentyne, Monroe or Matthews. Was at Old Meck Brewery last weekend and than SouthPark mall after and had a solid 4G even in the parking garage.

joewilly013

Reaction score
I'm growing very impatient myself. VZW tech support is supposed to complete their field survey in my area today- I'm gonna be livid if they try to tell me the network is fine.

osuftbl99

Reaction score
I am having this issue to.

My phone is having the exact same issues. I live in a suburb outside D.C. with great service. My droid incredible and droid pro get constant 3G service non-stop but my 4g thunderbolt is goes from 3g to 1x all day and the 3g goes out every five minutes. i am even having issues with certain apps on wifi. if wifi doesnt work that has to mean the phone is bad. partial wifi and spotty 3g coverage, even in D.C. i barely get 4g. my experience with this phone had been a nightmare. i am so sick of this ****ing phone. i am taking it back to best buy and getting a new one or a iphone. i am so dissapointed in this phone.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
So I called verizon to ask if they can send the prl update but they told me that does it on its own , so I'm not sure how people got there prl update :/

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt !

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That's rough. It could still be a software issue even if wifi doesn't function properly.

What firmware version are each of you running?

Settings -> About phone -> version