Bad camera!!!

concept3601

Reaction score
Does anyone know why this phone takes horrible pics?? Droid x.
Is it just me??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apparently everyone hates the d2 and dx cameras and there are countless threads on the subject. I however am quite happy with my cam. I just think you have to know how to manipulate the settings for each situation.

tappin and a talkin

Technoman

Reaction score
Is it just me??

I have taken some great pictures with my X. II have also taken some that were not so great.

The primary key is to ensure that your camera focuses before you snap. Pressing half-way gets the camera to focus, but if you shake or move any when you press down the remainder of the way you will end up with a bad picture.

My best pictures seem to have come when I press slowly with even pressure, and just pause for a very short time about half-way.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1) Make sure you have the proper settings set in the camera...-->Camera--->Menu Button--->Settings...pick the best fit for what you are doing. Scene settings are also imporatant, if you have the Macro setting set and are trying to take snap shots of the kids playing in the yard, dont be surprised when they turn out looking like you shot them through a screen door.

2) Make sure you are using the Camera Hard Button correctly...this is the hard button on the side of the camera, not the on screen button. Press the button half-way down to get the foucus set, then click the rest of the way down to activate the shutter and take the picture. If you are doing this wrong, pictures will come out out-of-focus every time. Easiest way to fix this is just use the on-screen button...

jhad7010

Reaction score
Agree with you but I learned not to use the AUTO option ... Just select the setting according to your need...

Aohus

Reaction score
i'd get an app called vignette.

change iso setting to 100. thats the minimum. generally, the darker the iso, the less noise (graininess) in the photos.

but seriously, the camera isn't that bad.

2010-11-14-14-37-04-157.jpg

OP
C

concept3601

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys! Ill try your suggestions

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whenever my camera is taking bad pictures I like to sit it down and give it a good scolding, I find that when I do that the camera.........well the camera doesn't respond to it because it's an inanimate object but generally I feel better about it afterwards. Just my 2 cents.

ekf028

Reaction score
Is it just me??

Try taking a picture of your Christmas tree with the lights on and you will see a horrible picture

kevinkar

Reaction score
Regardless of how good or bad the camera is, it's got one TINY lens. That makes it inherently a "slow" camera and the ISO setting options are not able to cope with the small aperture as well as one might like.

I mean that lens is what, about 3mm in diameter? That's awfully small compared to even the worst digital camera only devices. So it's limited to what it can do no matter how you tweak the options.

Best thing to do is be steady, focus, and be in as well lit a situation as you can be.