Bad battery life....

tommy1984

Reaction score
I seem to be the only hone having battery issues from my phone.. I here of people getting 2-3 days out of theirs. I dont use mine to watch viedo, I dont listen to music, I keep data turned off and keep wifi off unless I need to check my mail/download a app or something. but normally by the end of the day im at 10% or less on my battery. It seems to lose about 1% an hour just sitting idle on my desk. I have battery saver turned on and only have 2 games on the phone (angry birds and temple run) this is my first real smart phone so I might not have something set right... Any ideas?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Check to see what else is running by using the built-in battery utility, or 3rd party battery utility. Usually, it's something that you don't need all the time or even at all.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
T

tommy1984

Reaction score
Signal isnt the best but cell stand by is only showing it used about 2% of whats been used.. I dont understand how people are going 3 days without charging.. yesterday at about 15 hours my phone was all but dead. I had 1hr and 30 mins of screen time on it and 36 mins of voice calls. the rest of the time it was just sitting on my desk or in my pocket. Are there any settings I need to check in the phone?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You should get GSAM battery monitor to see if any app is causing excessive drain ...Also cell signal is number one cause if bad spots. .This app will tell you percentage of signal strength as well ..If you get on wifi it will save on battery ..so it's possible those people getting that much are on wifi ..4G drains faster ..

N3 tapa

TatDroid

Reaction score
Signal isnt the best but cell stand by is only showing it used about 2% of whats been used.. I dont understand how people are going 3 days without charging.. yesterday at about 15 hours my phone was all but dead. I had 1hr and 30 mins of screen time on it and 36 mins of voice calls. the rest of the time it was just sitting on my desk or in my pocket. Are there any settings I need to check in the phone?
Something doesn't add up. If you say you're losing 1% per hour in standby (in your first post), that's only 15% in 15 hours. If your phone was almost dead in 15 hrs with only 1.5 hrs of screen time, that means over 80% of battery in 90 minutes of screen time. That's CRAZY! I've never ever heard of anything like that. Usually if it's an app problem it shows up as something constantly running in the background and causing the battery to run down during standby time, not during screen on time.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Could also be signal levels nearby making the phone constantly search for towers. Other possibilities as well.

Do screen shot of your battery consumption and also tap the graph at the typo and do a screen shot of the full screen graph chart.

eba4u7u5.jpg

etejupem.jpg

nenupeha.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Einsteindks

Reaction score
You don't need GPS unless you're navigating, in a vehicle, or if you're charging. Wifi should be off unless you are going to be hooked up to a wifi source. Do you have any email programs? They shouldn't be updating all that frequently.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Actually having WIFI on all the time helps with location based apps and features. It uses the WIFI signals it "sees" along the way as sort of "landmarks", and by triangulating them along with Cell towers and GPS actually enhances the location feature's accuracy.

If you don't want WIFI on all the time, download and install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cprados.wificellmanager&hl=en (Wi-Fi Matic). It allows the phone to turn off and on WIFI when you are leaving from and returning to known and usable WIFI connections. It's completely intelligent. All you do is run it, then when you connect to new WIFI hot spots, it remembers them and the next time you're near them it turns on WIFI automatically, and then turns it off again when you leave.

GPS is also helpful for many apps and websites in order to give you more relevant information based on your location. I keep GPS on all the time and still get more than a day out of the phone's battery.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I seem to be the only hone having battery issues from my phone.. I here of people getting 2-3 days out of theirs. I dont use mine to watch viedo, I dont listen to music, I keep data turned off and keep wifi off unless I need to check my mail/download a app or something. but normally by the end of the day im at 10% or less on my battery. It seems to lose about 1% an hour just sitting idle on my desk. I have battery saver turned on and only have 2 games on the phone (angry birds and temple run) this is my first real smart phone so I might not have something set right... Any ideas?

I would LOVE to lose a percent an hour... hahaha Mine dies in about 8 -10 hrs. lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, I'm totally thrilled with my MAXX< but couldn't get through a day with the S4. Of course, if you use it constantly like someone I know... :icon_ laughup: , it's bound to go "UGH!!!" and die. :rofl3:

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm totally thrilled with my MAXX< but couldn't get through a day with the S4. Of course, if you use it constantly like someone I know... :icon_ laughup: , it's bound to go "UGH!!!" and die. :rofl3:

Yep... LOL

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

morcguy

Reaction score
With a properly set up and functioning MAXX you should be able to leave WiFi gps and Bluetooth on all the time and still have a big charge at the end of the day

Jeff