Bad battery life?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Hit the button next to the homescreen button on the bottom, this is your recent apps button. Just swipe away any apps you're done with.

Haha. Learn something new every day.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Getting rid of your recent apps doesnt actually close those apps though correct? Its just used as a way for better multitasking?

terigox

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time keeping a charge but its mainly due to the fact that I can't stop playing with my phone :)

Glad some of the others are seeing really good battery times! I look forward dropping back down to "normal" usage :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

honors21

Reaction score
If you turn off your location services it helps the battery life I only turn them on when I need them.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
First day after a full charge I got 10 hours with moderate use. Second day I got 18 hours with very light use as it was a work day. Third day I flashed ARHD 2.1.0 and got 18 hours with moderate use. Right now I'm sitting at 66% with 9 hours off charge(6 hours of which I was sleeping) and I've text a few people, made a couple calls and checked Facebook and Twitter. I'd say battery life is pretty good seeing how it has that big beautiful powerhouse of a screen and 4G LTE.

Also I have brightness on auto, sync on, wifi off, gps off, bt off.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
First day after a full charge I got 10 hours with moderate use. Second day I got 18 hours with very light use as it was a work day. Third day I flashed ARHD 2.1.0 and got 18 hours with moderate use. Right now I'm sitting at 66% with 9 hours off charge(6 hours of which I was sleeping) and I've text a few people, made a couple calls and checked Facebook and Twitter. I'd say battery life is pretty good seeing how it has that big beautiful powerhouse of a screen and 4G LTE.

Also I have brightness on auto, sync on, wifi off, gps off, bt off.
Have you noticed anything with Android OS in the battery monitor? Does yours get as high as 45% after hours of being idle? I forgot to check this morning as I was expecting a few things and by the time I checked it was down to 22%. Does the ROM fix that?

Just noticed the new colors, congrats!

doublea500

Reaction score
My Droid battery is just mocking me. 36m on display.

try to find the famous droid eye in this

Last edited:

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I don't have a GNex yet. I'm torn between this and the RAZR. I've read the pros and cons of both regarding camera, screen, size, etc... But it comes down to SIGNAL and BATT. I've only had the OG (since release Nov09) so I can't compare to anything else. I really liked the radio on motorola. I don't hear too many good things about Samsung. Perhaps it is fixable with updates? IF that is the case, then it comes down to that batt life. I really like being able to change it out, but I did notice the battery door was warped on the display. For those of you who have accessed your battery many times... is it a concern? I will definitely have a case on it so it shouldn't be a big problem like the OG's batt cover.

So basically help me decide on phones knowing that it comes down to radio signal and battery life. But also considering im ok with a weaker battery as long as changing it out won't be big issue. I'm still on my original batt for my OG so I've put up with pretty poor batt life for a while now lol! Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My Droid battery is just mocking me. 36m on display.

try to find the famous droid eye in this

How often do you use your OG Droid? Especially since picking up the Nexus? I can't even put this thing down when it's charging:D

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
View attachment 44366 this is how much i lost after uploading that picture... i think the cpu is to much for the battery. A small action losing 5% over 3g not even 4g... and that screen somehow on lowest possible settings still sucks up the juice as well. idk, ive never watched power drop so quickly after doing so little. o_O under clocking this might be the way to go.

***************Also, after uploading last picture my battery was at 60% :frown: rofl, forget about playing a game with this phone, itl die after 10min of game play from a full charge.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This was my battery life yesterday around 3:30pm til about 9:45am this morning. I'm running android revolution ROM and I see a pretty good boost in battery life. The screen and 4g really take a toll on the battery though. Also had words with friends background left on at 5min and after changing those settings I expect even better battery life. This was taken with about 8.5hrs of being idle.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I'm getting about 6 hours of (what is normal to me) use.

Unacceptable for a flagship device.