Bad Battery Life....Please Help!!

Freetoride78

Reaction score
I am rooted and running bamf 2.4. Seems like my battery drains real fast. I pull it off charger at 7 am and by 9 am I am at 80% with just checking facebook and google plus. If I use the phone through the day I am dead by 2pm. I have my screen brightness turned down low on both stock and bamf settings but my screen seems to always be around 50%. This is just a little frustrating as I am not a heavy user by no means and most days I am in front of a computer. Any help is highly appreciated and Thank you.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you have anything else automatic turned on? Are you on wifi or 4g most of the day? Do you have a strong signal?

Many factors come into play for bad battery life. You may even have a rogue app. Download CPU Spy and Gsam battery monitor to really see what is draining your battery.

OP
F

Freetoride78

Reaction score
I am on 4G ...no wifi connection...I downloaded both of those apps and each one seems like it is the screen around 40% now and apps at 31% highest being maps which I don't really use. I lose 10% battery life in the morning checking facebook and google plus for 10 minutes. I have screen turned down and the apps that are on the phone have been there before with battery lasting almost 12 hours before having to charge. I also have the 2100mah battery in the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try this:
Go to settings -- Your google account --Maps & Latitude -- turn off location reporting, and location sharing. Don't worry this won't effect Google Now. This should help battery life a bit.

Also in the morning if it's from 100% your battery tends to drain faster, this is normal. I'll try to find that thread by FoxKat regarding battery life and Android. It could also be how old your battery is, I know mine is on the downhill fast.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maps at 31% not using it means it's probably looking for a lock. Open maps and let it lock onto your location. Then hit the menu button and go to settings-location settings and make sure all those options are unticked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Butchauto

Reaction score
I have had my nexus for a couple of months and have learned to deal with the poor battery life. Then I stumbled upon this thread and turned off my location settings. Wow, what a difference. My battery life extended by almost half. Thanks for the tip.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have had my nexus for a couple of months and have learned to deal with the poor battery life. Then I stumbled upon this thread and turned off my location settings. Wow, what a difference. My battery life extended by almost half. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah the location settings really does put a hurting on your battery life. The difference between the settings being on and off really are noticeable.