Bad Apps

jarby

Reaction score
I keep hearing about the good apps out there for everybody. But what about the bad apps? You know what I mean?

The ones that slow our phones down and don't really do anything for us but make us go crazy.....

The reason I ask is because I want to stay far, far away from them.

Anyone have any problems with apps that has caused issues on their phones?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the problems here is an app could be bad only because it won't play nice with another app. If your phone has only one of the two, there is no problem. You install an app and suddenly have force closures. Is it because that last app was bad or because an app you installed earlier is causing problems with it.

Reaction score
Nemo Player is freezing the gallery not sure if it has been fixed but it froze a bunch of peoples gallery's. I downloaded it to give it a try. I really liked it had some pretty cool features and it was a all in one sort of player pics,music,videos. Has good interface looks cool. Cons File is large and is freezing the gallery. There is a way to get your gallery working again but is a pain.

peterjariel

Reaction score
G
Nemo Player is freezing the gallery not sure if it has been fixed but it froze a bunch of peoples gallery's. I downloaded it to give it a try. I really liked it had some pretty cool features and it was a all in one sort of player pics,music,videos. Has good interface looks cool. Cons File is large and is freezing the gallery. There is a way to get your gallery working again but is a pain.
Yea I think u posted in the wrong thread.

OP
jarby

jarby

Reaction score
One of the problems here is an app could be bad only because it won't play nice with another app. If your phone has only one of the two, there is no problem. You install an app and suddenly have force closures. Is it because that last app was bad or because an app you installed earlier is causing problems with it.

Thanks! I know what you mean. I'm not trying to put anyone or their work on the spot.
I'm just trying to figure out what apps work nicely together and which one's don't.......I guess it's just trial and error.

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

OP
jarby

jarby

Reaction score
okay....I should've used a different title on this thread. Sorry about that.

Just looking for those apps that don't work well together, that's all. Not 'bad' apps.....

solorca

Reaction score
They may have fixed it by now, but I had a "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" game that I downloaded, and it completely drained my battery in the background over the course of 3 hours. I played it for maybe 10 minutes, turned it off. 3 hours later, my battery was at 5% and the game was using 92% of the battery according to battery stats.

chewy74

Reaction score
i tried an app called Remote Wipe (for root users) and when I sent the SMS to start the wipe, it just sent my phone into a restart loop until I did a nandroid restore. developer never returned an email for support either

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Monopoly Here and Now is a slow @$$ pile of poo-poo, has a tendency to murder the battery.

A board game should be a little more battery efficient than Homerun Battle 3D...

-Mike