Backup image?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DracoZaroff, Aug 6, 2010.

1. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if there is a way to make a backup image of my Moto Droid so if things go horribly wrong I can restore this image and have EVERYTHING (all apps, settings, and every kind of file) back exactly as it was at the time of the backup.

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    If you root your phone, the very first thing you should do it make a nandroid backup. That will do what you are looking for. I make a nandroid complete backup every time I make any change. I keep the original backup (virgin) and about 10-12 of the ones that I like. I change from a red themed backup to a maroon and gold backup on almost a daily basis.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It's good that you're thinking about it. You'd be surprised how many people root and don't make a back up. Then something goes wrong, and the troubles begin.

4. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the really fast response, guys. Just to save me a couple minutes of searching, where do I find nandroid?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    After rooting: If you are using SpRecovery you create a folder on the Sdcard named nandroid and then you create the backup with Sprecovery. If you are going through Rom Manager you can use Clockworkmod to do a backup and it will create the folder it needs. If you do end up using RM, I strongly suggest that you scroll to the bottom of the menu and install one of the older clockworkmod files. I suggest 2.01.3 as it has been very stable.

6. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome news. Seems that I had made a backup with RM. Before I did anything after I rooted my phone I hit everything and anything that said Backup.
    I guess my next question is how do I go about removing redundant backups?

7. BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    You use your file manager to delete them. They are listed in Clockworkmod/backup. Or you can use Rom Manager/Manager Backups to delete them.

8. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks dude. You're a life saver. Well, I'm going to install Sapphire 1.0.0. I'm thinking of using the 1000mhz LV kernal. Wish me luck.

9. BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    You're welcome. The only reason I can be a "life saver" to some is because others were life savers to me 8 months ago!!

I think Sapphire comes with a 1000mhz kernel stock.

Also, be sure to read the instructions for this rom carefully as it installs in two steps. You load the rom first and then load the gapps. If you use Clockwork as a recovery program it is very easy as you do not have to rename the zip files before running them.

If you use SpRecovery, you will need to load the rom zip and then mount the phone to your pc and rename the gapps zip to update.zip, unmount the phone and run that install.

Good luck.

10. DracoZaroff

DracoZaroff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used RM. So easy. Had to do it twice. First time I didn't wipe the cache and the rom settings crashed when I tried to get in so the next time I wiped and it's working now.
    The odd part is that I expected my apps to be gone after clearing the cache but most or all are still there. The settings however seem to be gone from them all.

Search tags for this page
andriod mirrored backup
android mirror backup
backup android mirror image
droid backup image
droid razr image backup
htc rezound mirror imaging

mirror image backup android

mirror image backup droid
motorola droid x2 recovery backup images
redundant backups android backup