Backup Droid 2 and move to Droid X?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by micromatikal, Feb 14, 2011.

1. micromatikal

micromatikal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to completely backup all apps and everything on my droid 2 and move it over to my new droid x? If so what app / utility can do it?

If it's not possible that is fine as well but hoping somehow I can move the majority of what I have over.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tim

2. listenman20

listenman20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    all of yuor apps should migrate with sign in i would think...as for data that's usually kept on the card so just switch out the card. if my theories are proven wrong...(cuz i really don't know...i have neither phone)...could use titanium backup and upload everything to a dropbox. after moving to new phone d/l titanium and just restore everything form the dropbox folder.

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Apps can be manually backed up with https://market.android.com/details?id=com.metago.astro (these should sync with your gmail account though). Contacts, some system settings, calendar info, and a few other things will sync with your google account as well. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore can take care of the messages if you wished to save them.

In order to save data from apps (say high scores to a game) you will need root permissions. Titanium Backup, as mentioned above, will work well for this sort of thing, but it requires you to be rooted in order for it to do it's thing.

Search tags for this page

how to transfer information from my droid 2 to a droid 4

moving information from droid 2 to droid 4