Backup charger

Steve H

Reaction score
I'm wanting a backup charging system for my Note 3. Really do not want to carry an extra battery but I was thinking about a solar charger. Anyone have any experience with one? good - bad????? Brand?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Why not, a spare battery is fairly small and fits in a pocket? Any charging system is going to be harder to carry around, plus dangling power cords to deal with.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I used to have a Mophie Juice Pack back when I used an iphone. It worked great but made the phone bigger and a lot heavier. Not sure if they make anything like that for Note 3 though. I really can't imagine my phone getting any bigger so I havent looked for anything like that.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
There are a lot of extended batteries for the Note 3. They work great, but do add some girth to the phone. I just went with a couple of spare batteries as they are super small, easy to carry around, and are quickly swapped out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Solar chargers are great for the ecology, however they are usually rather large and cumbersome. A few fold down to be relatively portable, not much larger than a small tablet. They also require longer time to charge and must be in direct sunlight. Finally for the cost, they are much more expensive per watt of power generated than a commercial or residential roof-mounted solar panel, so purchasing just one of those and charging a portable battery pack would result in greater efficiency and still be eco-friendly.