Backup Assistant

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by star007, Jan 24, 2011.

1. star007

star007 New Member

So far every day since I rec'd this phone (a few weeks ago) it is not backing up in the 12 am-6am slot that I chose and I have to do it manually every morning. What's the point of having that option in the first place?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You are referring to Verizon's Backup Assistant? The only thing that is good for is when you first start your phone. It allows you to easily bring your contacts over from whatever phone you were using previously. After that, IMHO it's worthless.

Your applications are backed up by Google (at least the paid ones are) your contacts are backed up by Gmail, calendar by Google. What else do you need it for?
  3. star007

star007 New Member

Ok, then I'm getting this confused with the *228 I used to use for my old phone (chocolate). I was also told that I don't have to "update" every month or so as I did on the chocolate, another newbie useless ? Thanks
  4. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

I'd be willing to bet it's not backing up at night because your phone is in nighttime battery saver mode... which turns your data off from like 10PM to 8AM by default. So backup assistant tries to run, but can't because there's no data connection. Just change the sync settings to sometime during the day, while your data will be on. Also, backupassistant sucks, and google already backs up all your contacts to your account.
  5. star007

star007 New Member

I checked and actually have it on Maximum battery saver....thanks for all your feedback. G
Search tags for this page
android backup assistant plus
backup assistant plus sucks
motorola droid 2 backup assistant error
no data connection android backup assistant
reloading backup assistant on incredible2
running backup assiatant on droid 2
what good is backup assistant plus droid?

why does backup assistant suck