Backup assistant

cokdesl

Reaction score
How do i turn off backup assistant or get rid of it

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

riko540

Reaction score
I don't see a way to shut it off. I'm curious as to why you want to get rid of it anyway?

sent from my pocket

PaulQ

Reaction score
I just figured out how to do this. Follow this link, it works:

How to Disable Backup Assistant - Android Forums

I disabled it because I have no need for it on two fronts: (1) I use an Exchange server so all my contacts are held there and (2) Google syncs as well so there's your second backup.

It runs a connection everyday... it can mess things up when you are on Exchange... just don't need it.

jgmarz

Reaction score
Since updating to 4.2, when I try to sync backup assistant it tells me my pin is wrong. I tried the forgot pin option and it tells me exactly what I've been trying to enter. What's up?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Installed juice defender today to help reduce battery drain..set keep it to kill apps that I wasn't using. It kept asking me to kill more apps and it became an annoying thing constantly every half hour.so I installed it and after that I got a warning that my backup assistant want working and that I should call verizon.I can do that in the am but is there anything I can do now. I'm a newbie so please be gentle so I can follow your directions (also I don't know much technical language yet so keep it simple please .thanks so much, linda

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

metawarlord

Reaction score
So my back up assistant vanished from my phone... all I did was put my eris sd card in so I could get my contacts back in my DX and put the original back in my DX... why did it go away?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my back up assistant vanished from my phone... all I did was put my eris sd card in so I could get my contacts back in my DX and put the original back in my DX... why did it go away?

Isn't Eris an Android phone? That should mean your contacts are backed up by gmail. You don't need download assistant.

metawarlord

Reaction score
Yes it is and oh... how do I get them from google? o_O

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it is and oh... how do I get them from google? o_O

When you log into Google your contacts are automatically transferred. It's that easy.

If they didn't transfer over you might not have them listed as "My Contacts." Go into your gmail on line and make sure they are.

metawarlord

Reaction score
Oh ok. Cool thanks hookbill!

nate39

Reaction score
My wife has my Incredible now that I updated to another phone. She wanted to keep my email on that phone so I didn't do a factory reset I just set up her email along with mine on her phone. But now it won't back up. It tells her that the phone number has changed and to fix it she is to enter a numerical pin but we don't know which one. And whatever we enter it tells us that that account already exists and to contact customer support. But what customer support, Verizon, HTC? Does anyone know who to fix this without doing a factory reset? Thanks

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
You might want to enter your last 4 digits of your SSN. Worth a try.

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

nate39

Reaction score
I never thought of SS#, thanks. I knew I might have to call Verizon, of course, that is usually an ordeal.