Backup Assistant Re-Install

DropC

Reaction score
Long story short: Deodexed phone, and now for some reason Backup Assistant isn't working. It was saying wrong PIN, even though I'm 100% positive I was entering it right. I went to TiB to uninstall and re-install, and I found two copies of it. 1.0 and 2.2. I uninstalled both, but now neither will re-install. I though I had found a solution earlier, but it just led to me un-installing the Sync Service itself, without being able to re-install. If anyone can help me fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. A factory reset isn't an option if Backup Assistant isn't working.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long story short: Deodexed phone, and now for some reason Backup Assistant isn't working. It was saying wrong PIN, even though I'm 100% positive I was entering it right. I went to TiB to uninstall and re-install, and I found two copies of it. 1.0 and 2.2. I uninstalled both, but now neither will re-install. I though I had found a solution earlier, but it just led to me un-installing the Sync Service itself, without being able to re-install. If anyone can help me fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. A factory reset isn't an option if Backup Assistant isn't working.

If you had to sign into Gmail again it will most likely reset your PIN to the last 4 digits of your phone number.

Give it a shot.

And if your needing to install the apk(s) I use Root Explorer and these instructions:

-Place the apk(s) of the apps on your sdcard.

-Use your chosen means to copy the apk(s) to /system/app (this will require making /system/app writable. In Root Manager just press the R/W key when you're exploring /system/app).

-Click on the apk once it's in /system/app and install it.

-Now, you've installed the program, but the system won't see it as a system app unless you change it's permissions. In Root Manager, long press on the app (in /system/app) and click on "permissions". Then make sure that only the following boxes are clicked: User Read, User Write, Group Read, Others Read.

-Make sure you make /system/app read only again by clicking that box in the top right while you're exploring the folder.

-Reboot phone.

And I get the apk's from===> http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/516/

I'm NOT responsible for your phone, good luck:)

Last edited: