Backup Assistant Plus Mystery

TheWarden

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is asked and answered, but I've searched and searched.

I am trying to understand the logic of Backup Assistant Plus as it relates to my pictures gallery on my phone (if even this is the program in question).

I recently had to replace my Galaxy SIII. When I powered the new one up, a flood of old previously deleted pictures re populated onto my phone. WHAT?!! Where did they come from? I deleted them? Were they backed up somewhere in the cloud?

The only back up functions I set up on my previous phone was Backup Assistant Plus to manage my phone contacts. I think I am also connected to my Google account because my phone contacts seem to change when I change contacts on my Mac at home. One last thing, my gallery is magically connected to my Picasa/Google+ pictures online (just not sure how and why).

I know how to disable backing up pictures in the Settings menu. However, the big question is, if I've deleted them from my phone, why are they not deleting whenever this back up function is updating? Why do the pictures keep repopulating on my phone?

Also, if these pictures are indeed being backed up somewhere to facilitate this happening, are they accessible online similar to the way I can go see my backed up contacts online? I don't see these pictures on my Verizon account, on Picasa, Google+, ANYWHERE!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help solve this mystery.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Your photos are being done by backup assistant plus. If you log into verizon and Hoover over my Verizon then click on the link to manage you media. This is usually under my device. There you will see all your photos and can delete them if you like

evewhite

Banned
Reaction score
The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. Try Coolmuster Android Assistant, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer.

Last edited:

nowk

Reaction score
Website
www.coolmuster.com
Current Phone Model
htc one m8
The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. Try Coolmuster Android Assistant, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer.
I also find this tool on google, and seems good to backup Android with it.

Last edited: