Backup and Restor Phone Settings?

DavidWSnow

Reaction score
My wife's Droid 2 recently began to behave badly and make a gear-like squealing sound intermittently during some phone calls. Sometimes one a day -- sometimes every call. When it happened she could always hear it - sometimes the other partly could hear it. The phone is 11 months old and still on warranted.

I took it to the Verizon store and they insisted that they must do a "return to factory setting" and re-setup the phone to see if this fixes the problem. "It will only take 15 minutes" they said. Of course, after those 15 minutes I spent the next 4 hours trying to get it to stop yelling "Droid" at my wife every few minutes when an email, sms, phone call, usb connection etc. happened. I then realized that what I really needed was an application that saved and could restore the phone's basic settings and those of the important apps.

When I looked at the Market and App-Brain I couldn't find such an app. Without root-ing and using Titanium is there such an app that can restore the hundreds of settings that you might have tweaked?

/Dave Snow

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
im not sure if itll save every personal settings but what back up file are u using? for me, its Astro file