Backordered until the 23rd

PJ.

Reaction score
When I upgraded my line yesterday, the lady failed to inform me that they are currently on back-order until the 23rd. While this upsets me a bit, because I was really counting on my Droid X being here on Tuesday or so, I can wait another week.

This is with online or over the phone orders placed like after 4pm est yesterday...or so the rep said.

):

ChugIt

Reaction score
Well odds are the VZW local stores are going to be out of stock too. It happens with all new Android phones.

OP
P

PJ.

Reaction score
I haven't checked with my local stores, I wouldn't be able to get one from there anyhow.

I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer, but I've never had a droid, so I'm pretty freakin' excited.

minderasr

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Waiting for mine to ship on the 23rd. Looking forward to it!

mdbrock7

Reaction score
I was able to walk right in to a Verizon store and get one yesterday

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Verizon in Cleveland has none in the store and they don't expect to have any for two weeks I was told.

Best Buy told me to come back in a MONTH! They have to fill all the preorders first and that will take a month they told me!

Flite

Reaction score
I had one reserved at a Verizon retailer. While I was in the store, messing with the phone, someone from customer service (over the phone) said that I would have to have one sent to me at my home vise taking the one I already had in hand home with me. I said that was fine and said I'd pay for priority overnight shipping. This was Thursday. I had guaranteed delivery by 3pm on Friday the 16th.
I called Thursday afternoon (the order was placed at 11am) and was told there was not tracking information yet... no big deal.
I called Thursday night to get a tracking number and was told that tracking information wasn't available yet, but that my order was on time.... I should call back Friday morning.
I called back friday morning and was told the same thing. No tracking info, but I should still receive it on time.
I called back Friday afternoon around 1pm and was told that it hadn't shipped yet. I was in the crate in the warehouse and that the Fed Ex truck would be picking it up Sunday night for a Monday delivery.:icon_evil: Grrrrrrr.....
Back to the Verizon retailer.... Had the store manager call customer service to see what gives. Turns out the original customer service rep who ordered it on Thursday morning never actually placed the order... and none of the other 4 people I talked to caught that.
Now it's Friday afternoon and the order is just getting placed. The delivery address is changed from my house to the Verizon store (since I won't be home to sign for it now) and I'm told I'm guaranteed delivery by 3pm Tuesday.
Saturday.... I let it slide... no calls.
Sunday, I'm told it might ship out on the 23rd. :icon_evil::icon_evil:

I had my hands on the phone on Thursday...

loffyg

Reaction score
Droid X Shipping

I ordered my Droid X on 8/19 online and got my shipping confirmation 8/29 with a delivery date of 8/31 yayyy finally!! dancedroid

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
I took my father in law to the vz store saturday (8/28) morning to get a droid x and we got a ship date of 9/2. I am bring my in laws to the droid family.

Sent from my DROIDX

Raychelrn

Reaction score
Ordered mine through VZW customer service over the phone 8/31 and was told to expect a ship date of 9/14.....God I hope not. My blackberry broke and I am rocking 4 yr old LG Chocolate until my DX comes.

Beezer

Reaction score
Ordered mine through VZW customer service over the phone 8/31 and was told to expect a ship date of 9/14.....God I hope not. My blackberry broke and I am rocking 4 yr old LG Chocolate until my DX comes.
I was told the same thing

papapena25

Reaction score
I went to the verizion store for mine on 8/27 and no tracking number yet!
I hope it doesn't take much longer, I'm thinking about taking a refurb instead