Backordered Galaxy Nexus thread

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
i spoke to a customer service rep on Friday night.

but that doesn't really amount to much...

Where are you getting this info!? If what you say is the truth that is fantastic news! The wait is almost over (or not, depending on the status of my phone...)!

vicky1377

Reaction score
Damn i ordered from amazon on 16th and Im already receiving shipment on 20th even though back ordered:). Super excited

Creed

Reaction score
Damn i ordered from amazon on 16th and Im already receiving shipment on 20th even though back ordered:). Super excited

For me, even though I have to wait 10 or so days more, the $150 I saved was well worth it. It was $150 after taxes because of a $25 gift card they gave me for the delay!

(Plus I already have my ICS fix from the first one I bought at Radio Shack, so it is worth the wait.)

Mont

Reaction score
After all this talk about deals, I haven't noticed anyone mentioned people like me who is not for the 2 year upgrade but the annual upgrade. I updated exactly a year ago before Verizon changed their policy to mandatory 2 year for upgrade prices.

Yesterday I went to a verizon store and they said 3rd parties do not upgrade for annual, have to do at Verizon online or in person at the store. So I went online Amazon and did their "Check Upgrade Eligibity" and it said my number was not availble for upgrade so that shot that idea out the water.

Is Best Buy also considered a 3rd party? That was my next move but it seems like I have no shot at any discount.

Creed

Reaction score
After all this talk about deals, I haven't noticed anyone mentioned people like me who is not for the 2 year upgrade but the annual upgrade. I updated exactly a year ago before Verizon changed their policy to mandatory 2 year for upgrade prices.

Yesterday I went to a verizon store and they said 3rd parties do not upgrade for annual, have to do at Verizon online or in person at the store. So I went online Amazon and did their "Check Upgrade Eligibity" and it said my number was not availble for upgrade so that shot that idea out the water.

Is Best Buy also considered a 3rd party? That was my next move but it seems like I have no shot at any discount.

Yes they are. Everything is third-party except for Verizon.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
So who else opted for the savings and braved the wait? Share where you bought it, for how much and your estimated delivery time.

I got mine for $ 174.99 at letstalk and the estimated wait time is one to two weeks.

I will wait a week at most, but will cancel after that

After waiting on hold for 30 minutes and then discovering that I would have to wait for one, maybe two weeks, I cancelled, sped to my local Verizon corporate, told the associate not to even think about opening the box and walked out with a wide grin, I could have saved $100 and waited, or tried to survive with my one hour on battery OG. I also read some posts on here while I was on hold and that made me jelly, so I became a launch day baby all over again.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
the wife intervened and will not let me cancel and it doesn't look like I got the Dec 19 shipment. *sigh*

I'm going to be very irritable if I have to wait until 12/30

After waiting on hold for 30 minutes and then discovering that I would have to wait for one, maybe two weeks, I cancelled, sped to my local Verizon corporate, told the associate not to even think about opening the box and walked out with a wide grin, I could have saved $100 and waited, or tried to survive with my one hour on battery OG. I also read some posts on here while I was on hold and that made me jelly, so I became a launch day baby all over again.

Creed

Reaction score
the wife intervened and will not let me cancel and it doesn't look like I got the Dec 19 shipment. *sigh*

I'm going to be very irritable if I have to wait until 12/30

How I feel. :mad:

Droid592

Reaction score
Mine shipped out on the 18th and arrived yesterday at around 3pm (Amazon Wireless), man i love this phone DancingNexus:icon_ banana:DancingNexus

4s0

Reaction score
Still waiting from Amazon. Ordered Tuesday, and it says it should ship between Dec. 30 and Jan. 3... I think there is a slim chance it may come earlier though. It's not even available on Amazon anymore.

Executioner

Reaction score
Still waiting from Amazon. Ordered Tuesday, and it says it should ship between Dec. 30 and Jan. 3... I think there is a slim chance it may come earlier though. It's not even available on Amazon anymore.

Maybe... I ordered on the 15th and was initially given an estimate for the 30th. However, they ended up shipping one on the 17th and I was suppose to have gotten it on the 21th. Unfortunately for me, they shipped using USPS and now the phone is lost. Now I have to wait till the 6th for a replacement...

vicky1377

Reaction score
Maybe... I ordered on the 15th and was initially given an estimate for the 30th. However, they ended up shipping one on the 17th and I was suppose to have gotten it on the 21th. Unfortunately for me, they shipped using USPS and now the phone is lost. Now I have to wait till the 6th for a replacement...

Im sure you will get it lot sooner than that. I ordered mine on 16th and even though estimated date was 20-30th i got it on 20th. On my way back from vacation can't wait to activate the Damn thing. I have been desperately waiting for this phone to dump att to move on to Verizon.