Backordered Galaxy Nexus thread

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
has anyone who ordered through letstalk get their phones yet?

vthokies1996

Reaction score
just got off the phone with bestbuy and they don't do price matching with online stores. So the wait continues...

Did you talk to the Best Buy mobile dept within the Best Buy? They are technically a separate store. Best Buy will not price match online, Best Buy mobile will. I watched the Best Buy Mobile employee enter the price match into his computer, amazon.com was one of the competitors listed, so they do price match. They price matched both amazon and letstalk for our 2 phones.

Droid592

Reaction score
Ill join in, im exchanging my Rezound for the Nexus through amazon being that i got that Rezound for a penny on black friday. Called this morning and ordered my Nexus up but of course its back ordered. My estimated ship date is anywhere from 12/17 - 12/28 with a estimated delivery date of 12/20 -12/30, even though the wait is going to suck no one else was giving me a better deal.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
I was transfered to their mobile department so yes, I did speak with someone from there. Maybe I should've asked to speak with the manager for the dept. Oh well, hopefully I'll get my phone by Tue or wed st the latest
Did you talk to the Best Buy mobile dept within the Best Buy? They are technically a separate store. Best Buy will not price match online, Best Buy mobile will. I watched the Best Buy Mobile employee enter the price match into his computer, amazon.com was one of the competitors listed, so they do price match. They price matched both amazon and letstalk for our 2 phones.

Creed

Reaction score
I ordered mine at 10 PST on the 15th for $207 with taxes ($150 + $67 or so taxes). Expected delivery is the 30th according to the site. I went to Best Buy hoping they would price match it, I showed the clerk the price and he laughed at me. He said, "Dog, we pay more for that to get them. Wait the 2 weeks haha!"

I didn't even get to play with one as I had just told him I was not intending to buy one there.

fever

Reaction score
Went to Best Buy to see if they would price match my $175 (189 after taxes) Letstalk deal. The Verizon rep was on board but the Best Buy cell group manager said they only price match brick and mortar. I told him maybe that's his policy but certainly other Best Buy stores have price matched Letstalk. It must vary from store to store.

xxpigxx

Reaction score
I was impatient and cancelled my order. LT sent me an email apologizing and gave me a $25 gift card to use for accessories. I kinda feel bad for cancelling, but I had to.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
The only reason I kept the order was because my wife would have killed me if i went somewhere else and paid more.

I also got my hp touchpad delivered on friday so i had something to keep me busy and my mind off my phone.

the LT phone rep said they are receiving a shipment today...Anyone getting any email confirms of delivery yet?

Creed

Reaction score
The only reason I kept the order was because my wife would have killed me if i went somewhere else and paid more.

I also got my hp touchpad delivered on friday so i had something to keep me busy and my mind off my phone.

the LT phone rep said they are receiving a shipment today...Anyone getting any email confirms of delivery yet?

Not I, my delivery is still set for the 30th. :(

(I cheated though and bought one at Radio Shack...only $200 since I gave them my previous phone.)

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Mines says 30th too but I think that's just to cover themselves in case some doesn't get todays shipment.

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
My status is showing availability as 12/21, used to say the 19th. Really hope this ships out before I go on vaca...

Anyway while we wait Verizon is selling the extended battery and cover for $24.99 w/ free 2-day shipping. Might show up on the product page as $49.99 but select Gnex as device and add battery to cart and it showed discounted price there for me. Was able to complete checkout with no problems. People have reported that you can fit this battery under the stock cover, albeit a snug fit therefore letting you still use any case you choose. If not comfortable with that, others have used the ext. battery cover that comes with it and still fit their cases on with no issues.

Gnex Extended Battery @ VZW

Droid592

Reaction score
Got mine from Amazon wireless was also able to talk them a little lower then the $149.99 they have it for, shipped out yesterday and shows out for delivery today !

HTC Rezound

friezeforever

Reaction score
My status is showing availability as 12/21, used to say the 19th. Really hope this ships out before I go on vaca...

Anyway while we wait Verizon is selling the extended battery and cover for $24.99 w/ free 2-day shipping. Might show up on the product page as $49.99 but select Gnex as device and add battery to cart and it showed discounted price there for me. Was able to complete checkout with no problems. People have reported that you can fit this battery under the stock cover, albeit a snug fit therefore letting you still use any case you choose. If not comfortable with that, others have used the ext. battery cover that comes with it and still fit their cases on with no issues.

Gnex Extended Battery @ VZW

Good Find!!! Just bought an extended battery thanks to you!

Creed

Reaction score
Mines says 30th too but I think that's just to cover themselves in case some doesn't get todays shipment.

Where are you getting this info!? If what you say is the truth that is fantastic news! The wait is almost over (or not, depending on the status of my phone...)!

Reaction score
Letstalk for 189 after taxes in Texas. I'm rolling with the OG Droid, complete with cracked screen, 2300 third party battery and no back door. It's ghettotastic.

They don't make ghettofabulous phones like they used to. Have you thought about going "redneck" on it too, and duct tape it? Lmao

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

I say "Merry Christmas."