Backlight Dims

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dwmackay, Oct 13, 2010.

1. dwmackay

dwmackay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

I am running the BB v0.5 with great success. Very snappy and rock solid for my first 2 days.

I have a setting question. Is there a way to keep the backlight from diming when pluged into external power? I disabled the auto backlight and have Stay Awake checked. However, after 2 minutes, the backlight automatically dims to the lowest setting. It does not go off or lock the screen, just dims to the point it is very hard to see. I would like to keep it at my setting whenever it is plugged it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Doug M.

2. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am also annoyed by the dimming when I don't want it to do so. Especially in navigation, the screen dims, but does not go off and I have to touch it to get back the viewable display. I really want a fix for this. It has happened only since Froyo.

3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does BB 05 not have backlight settings? A lot of roms have numbers and times you can set, but I don't remember if BB does?

4. dwmackay

dwmackay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not that I have seen. The only backlight settings are under Settings>Display>Screen Timeout which shows 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 10 min, 30 min.

The other location is Settings>Applications>Development> Stay Awake which I have chceked.

One challenge is that when the screen dims and I tap it to bring it back to life, it launches whatever is on the screen which I cannot really see. It creates some unpredictable behavior.

Doug M.

#4 dwmackay, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  5. mypantsaretorn

mypantsaretorn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i use an app called keepscreen.

6. dwmackay

dwmackay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just gave that a try, but it does not really solve the issue, just works around it. It does not seem to have a way to keep the home screen lit when powered externally.

Hopefully someone will have a solution.

Doug M.

7. dwmackay

dwmackay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried a few other ROMS in hopes of settling into a stable platform. All have some issues, but it seems that several have this backlight problem. Has anyone seen a resolution flaoting around. I would like to stick with BB, but I need the backlight to say on when the device is powered.

Thanks for any help.

Doug M.

8. motoconvert

motoconvert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was noticing this tonight as well...really annoying!!

9. chemswede

chemswede New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New here and just joined so that I can reply with the solution I found for this.

Download the app "Setting Profiles Lite". Lite is free and only lets you create 1 rule at a time, but multiple profiles (Actions you want it to do when the rule is happening)

1. Create a profile that simply changes the screen time out to "Screen Never Times out" Save it as whatever name you want.

2. Create a rule. Under conditions add a condition for Battery that when "plugged into any charger", hit OK. Now add an action to Activate Profile, and choose the profile you made above.

Bam! When plugged into the charger, the screen timeout goes to never, and the screen stays bright, unplug it and time out goes back to whatever you had it set at!

I have been using this for about 10 min now so I'm a rookie but it seems to be working! Make sure if you screw around in it that you don't accidentally disable the rule (I did that because I tried to make another and the Lite won't let you make 2 rules, and it disabled the first one. Just had to long press to enable it again).

Search tags for this page
galaxy tab backlight goes off after screen lock

galaxy tab keeps dimming

how to make the backlight dimmer on samsung s4

how to stop light dimming on galaxy tablet

my galaxy tablet back light is dim
samsung galaxy s4 backlight dim

samsung s4 backlight keeps dimming

the backlight of my galaxy s4 keeps dimming when in use
why does my blackberry backlight keep dimming

why does my samsung tablet keep dimming