Backing up paid apps

rmerigold

Reaction score
I have several apps that I had to pay for and I need to do a hard reset of my phone(incredible with 2.1). How can I back up the apps I paid for so I don't have to buy them again?

jacobrv

Reaction score
Google saves the record that you paid for the app so if you wipe the phone and start fresh, you will still be able to download the app again without paying. HOWEVER, you will lose any data that the app saves on the phone. Data on the SD card should be fine, but data on the phone will be lost. So if you need that backed up you will have to root and get titanium backup. As far as I know, it's the only app that saves paid apps with their data too.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Astro did a great job of backing up all my apps.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I used MyBackup Pro a couple days ago to backup my apps and data before doing a hard reset on my Incredible. I notice after the restore, there was some issues of some of the widgets on my home screen not loading so I just removed them then put them back on the home screen. Contacts looks okay but the restore created a lot of emtpy contacts which I had to delete manually. Saved SMS messages were fine. As with the paid apps, all reloaded with no problems. I also synced my phone with AppBrain which really helped in inventorying my paid/free apps and getting everything back in order.

BTW, I had to do a hard reset as my phone was running very sluggish. All is fine now.