Backing up INC- neccessary

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by nia07, Jan 4, 2011.

1. nia07

nia07 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Is there a need to backup the phone on a computer? I copied the G and F total files, do I need them? I know I can save pics/music/audio and such, but do I need to backup anything else? I have it on the SD card so I know I am ok with that, but I guess I am talking about the "guts" of the phone. If so what files do you think I should keep.

2. doobie711

doobie711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    coming off the droid and going to the inc i found that out of habit i almost never saved anything to the internal 8 gigs. i think the only thing i ever did keep there was PS1 isos. for that reason i really don't need to back it up. in fact i doubt you'd need to back anything up as long as your settings like contacts and such are linked to your gmail. the only thing i ever find the need to back up is the /system img. but unless you have root you will never need to worry about it.

3. nia07

nia07 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    nope no root

4. doobie711

doobie711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    in that case you ought to be perfectly fine. backing things up isn't too huge a deal. i think the only way to erase the internal memory is through settings->sdcard. i've changed from htc's version of android to a few custom ones and now am running the newest version of android "gingerbread". through it all the files on my internal memory have stayed constant. couldn't hurt to copy all the files off of it every month or so in case of a possible crash.