Backing up/exporting Droid data to new Droid

jaystemple

Reaction score
May have to get a replacement for my Droid. Call quality S U C K S!!!!! But most Droid owners say it is great, so am getting a replacement.

Would hate to lose everything on it, all my settings and such. Is there an app I can use to backup all my info, setting, data, etc? to an SD card

Thanks so much in advance!

Also, I have that Seideo case (easy enough to install) and that mac-daddy plastic cover on the screen which I assume cant be reused :(

revjim44

Reaction score
if you're rooted, then you can just make a advanced nandroid backup of your current phone, and save that file to your sd card. Then root your new phone and do an advanced nandroid restore.

bomber889

Reaction score
Hm.. If you are not rooted, then you could try to use ASTRO File Manager from the market to save all your stuff to your sdcard.

OP
J

jaystemple

Reaction score
Hm.. If you are not rooted, then you could try to use ASTRO File Manager from the market to save all your stuff to your sdcard.

I could tell you if I was rooted or not if I knew what being rooted meant.. help?

choklitcow

Reaction score
Rooted means you have essentially tinkered your phone to gain access to the "root" of the phone. Root is essentially the core administrative processes in a linux based community.

If you don't know what it is, then you aren't rooted because you have to go through a process to do this, and doing this is against the tos of your warranty.

Astro will back up your applications for you, however I don't believe there is a feature to save your data (through astro, I may be wrong).

Luckily for you, your google account stores your contacts for you, so the instant you re-enter your google account info in that new phone they will be back. I believe you would be missing your stored passwords, however.

Last edited: