Backing up Droid

Alster2005

Reaction score
My droid is in the bottom of the indian river! I have a new one being sent to me. The only problem is I dont remember what app I used to back it up with. I think it was Back Up Pro. It was a free app, and I backed it up online with the phone. I think they wanted a password which of course didnt write down. Has any one ever used that app. Any suggestions? Thanks Al

Vitticeps

Reaction score
When you get your new one and set it up, go to the market and go to Menu>Downloads.

Every app you downloaded before will be listed and you can reinstall them. Once you have the app reinstalled and it asks for a password there will likely be a "forgot password" option. Otherwise try visiting the developer's site directly or email the developer.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
When you get your new one and set it up, go to the market and go to Menu>Downloads.

Every app you downloaded before will be listed and you can reinstall them. Once you have the app reinstalled and it asks for a password there will likely be a "forgot password" option. Otherwise try visiting the developer's site directly or email the developer.

It will?!!?!? So the downloaded app history is kept with your google account info and not on the phone?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe free apps do not show up, which is a pain because I have a LOT of them. Next time make backups (if rooted?).

WVOz1970

Reaction score
All my apps showed up in the marketplace when I had to do a factory reset... including the free ones. Just be sure you click each one through the "install" "ok" etc process before backing out of the screen. Once you back out, if they haven't been queued to download, they aren't there the next time. At least that was my experience the first time I had to do a reset.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
All downloaded apps will show. The download list is maintained on the server as well as on the phone.