1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Backing up boot loop

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mikeyforgot, Aug 20, 2010.

1. mikeyforgot

mikeyforgot New Member

I'm running v4.5 1ghzulv kernel. I'm trying to flash up to v47 but before I do that I'm trying to back up my current rom. I'm using rom manager with clockworkmod as my recovery. Every time I hit backup my current rom and it sticks at the moto logo which is making me think it's a kernel issue. Which brings me to my question...wtf do I do try backup so I can flash up to the new amazingness 4.7 :)
  2. tameone

tameone New Member

Sounds like a clockwork recovery issue.. some Droids don't play nice with various CW versions, and they won't boot into recovery. Try flashing an older verion. 2.0.2.4 works for me.
  3. mikeyforgot

mikeyforgot New Member

Thank you! That fixed it and now I'm on 4.7 and loving it!
  4. ding007

ding007 New Member

I loaded chevyno1 ss 4.7, loaded and now is stuck in a bootloop with the blue eye and the droid loading. Any thoughts on how to fix?
  5. sslbaron

sslbaron New Member

Try either using a slower speed kernel ex 800 ulV or one that has higher voltage ex LV or MedV. Mine cannot use any of the ulV kernels because it does what yours is doing all day long. It wasn't until SS 4.7 that mine was able to use one of the LV ones. I could only use the MedV kernels with SS 4.5 & 4.6 to not get a loop. Some can tolerate lower voltages, some can't. It's luck of the draw!
    Hope this helps...Good luck :)
  6. ding007

ding007 New Member

This is THE best forum EVER! Thank you to all who help. I did get to the recovery, installed my backup, now to try again. Did anyone else start to shake a little when there 1st rom did not boot? Me neither, lol
  7. ding007

ding007 New Member

With the chevyno1, do you have to wipe data & cache?
  8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You do not have to ... I would suggest trying without wiping first. If you encounter weirdness - might try a wipe first.
  9. ding007

ding007 New Member

Yea, just tried installing LV 1.0 w/o wiping and still got the bootloop, now gonna try and do a wipe and see if it still does it