Backing Up Before Getting a Replacement?

10ACTony

Reaction score
EVERYTHING is backed up to your google account. You don't need any 3rd party backup applications. Once you log into your google account on the new phone it will load everything back up that you had on your old phone.

I disagree. I'm on my second replacement and NONe of the apps, other than those I purchased were listed in the Market and those had to manually be downloaded. NONE of the other apps were ever downloaded (Waited for 4 hrs before I used MyBackup pro to reinstall the apps - but that an entirely different thread). Before I went the manual route I spoke to two different CS and neither knew of any way to have the apps listed/available. And yes I do have the backup / sync optionms checked in the settings.
i've had three DROIDs and have done at least 4-5 factory resets and EVERY time, the market has restored my apps. if you restore your apps from backup or install them from another source other than the market, it won't know what you have installed.

\
Care to share how you did this? What settings are you using? This is actually the third replacement not the second. I set up my gmail account, all contacts and calendar, sync'd and in Market all purchased apps showed up under downloads (They never downloaded by themselves). As I said I waited for 4 hrs and nothing other than contatcs and cals were on the phone. The fact that the purchased apps were listed is a good indication that the new phone was set up the same as the old phone. What did you go to get the apps to show up?

Thank in advance.