Backing up Baseband on Milestone A854

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bizates, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bizates

bizates New Member

I have a rooted Milestone from a different carrier than I am curently using. I also have a Milestone that I use on my carrier. I did a backup of my rom and added it to to the Milestone not from my carrier but it didn't change the baseband. I have searched for a way to backup my baseband but haven't found it yet. Was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction to where I can find this. Thanks in advance.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

There is no way to backup the baseband on the A855 Droid. Since these phones are similar, yet the Milestone is even more 'locked' I highly doubt it can be done with it.

I don't have enough of the dirty details, but I do know that the baseband resides in a much lower area of the phone than nandroid can access.
  3. bizates

bizates New Member

So looks like I need to find a baseband for my carrier? That might be impossible since my carrier is pioneer cellular a very small cellular company in OK

Sent from my A854 using DroidForums App
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

I _think_ you _might_ mean PRL. Stands for Preferred Roaming List. Tells your phone which towers to 'prefer' using.
Search tags for this page

backup baseband android

how to backup baseband on htc droid dna

milestone 2 baseband