Backing up apps.

pratherdude

Reaction score
Mabey I'm posting this in the wrong section, If I am please move this to the correct section.

Here is my question, I have a company phone that I would like to back-up the specific apps and their settings on, just in case something happens to the phone ;), is there a way to do this so the specific app could be reloaded or restored if the phone happened to be uh-mm shall we say upgraded :biggrin:. IT is just a couple of specific apps, not all of them. Also is there a way to back up the entire phone so as to be able to restore to a factory setting if needed?

Thanks in advanced,
Pratherdude

sudod2g

Reaction score
Titanium backup from the market will allow you back up appsandsave them to drop box and devices sdcard

You can flash clockworkmod recovery and do a nandroid back up.

And then there is the sbf using rsdlite 4.9

Would post links not at pc

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, any links you have would be helpful.

Thanks again,
Pratherdude

Well, titanium backup is in the market (Free version backs up stuff, paid version lets you freeze apps like cityID, blockbuster, etc)

Clockwork Mod Recovery is installed via Koush's D2 Bootstrapper, which you can buy in the market or Download it for free from Koush's website (Don't worry, that's a legit link, straight from the developer himself) You'll download this APK, put it on your SD card, then go into your file manager and open it, and install it like any other app. (Make sure you go to settings and turn on the option to install non-market apps.. I can't remember exactly where it is, as I washed my phone the other night, so I can't check for you right now)

Once it's installed, you run it, you click bootstrap recovery (this hijacks your recovery from the stock one and installs clockwork recovery) then click reboot recovery which will reboot your phone into CWR. From here you can create/load backups, flash ROMs and update.zips... Google for more info

You'll need to google for the latest version of RSDLite (4.9, which is REQUIRED for a D2G, 4.8 and previous don't work) and the download link for the actual SBF file is at the top of the D2G forum in a sticky, as well as directions on how to use it with RSDLite.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mabey I'm posting this in the wrong section, If I am please move this to the correct section.

Here is my question, I have a company phone that I would like to back-up the specific apps and their settings on, just in case something happens to the phone ;), is there a way to do this so the specific app could be reloaded or restored if the phone happened to be uh-mm shall we say upgraded :biggrin:. IT is just a couple of specific apps, not all of them. Also is there a way to back up the entire phone so as to be able to restore to a factory setting if needed?

Thanks in advanced,
Pratherdude

Titanium, from the market, will do exactly what you want.

I don't know your company, but I'd still strongly recommend against rooting a company phone. Your IT department may look on it with much disfavor. :)