1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Background remains after wipe data/cache/boot/system

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tameone, Sep 13, 2010.

1. tameone

tameone New Member

Flashed LFY 1.6 yesterday, coming from LFY 1.5.

In 1.5, my background was Droid X background, located on sdcard/download, set through gallery.

I wiped data/cache 3x, boot and system once each, then flashed the non-themed LFY1.6 update.zip.

On boot into LFY 1.6, my background was still Droid X. Strange

Decided to flash UD 8 to test things out. Wiped data/cache 2x, boot/system 1x. Boot into UD 8 for first time, background is still Droid X.

what the heck is going on?
  2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Why don't you just change your wallpaper?
  3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Wipe's don't touch the SD Card (where your background is stored) and I've read that your background image "setting" can be stored in your google gmail account along with app purchases, app installs, etc....like your wireless access points are.

Since the data is still there (the picture on the SD card), the setting could be pushed down when you sign in.....wallpaper = image on sd card.
  4. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I think there is a "default" wallpaper that is kept in the Google Cloud, meaning sometimes when a new ROM is installed or if you choose a wallpaper that has an error and can't be applied it drops that default WP in. I dono when or how it chooses it tho.
  5. tameone

tameone New Member

I'm curious where this setting is stored, and how it gets back on my phone. Unlike bookmarks, contacts, etc, it seems like a strange thing for Google to track. Never seen it before these last two installs.

I know my sdcard isn't wiped, and I know I can just change my background, but I was just curious how my background was staying the same.. stems a little from the feeling that I've lost some performance with these recent flashes (homescreen scrolling seems choppy).
  6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

The google cloud, along with your downloads/bought apps, wifi access points & passwords and bookmarks. It's not something you turn on or off individually. If you select the "Privacy" and "Back up my data" and "Automatic Restore" it's one of the items that can/will/possibly be on your phone the next time you sign in to your gmail account (on phone setup after wiping).

Something I found that mentions the same aspect (wallpaper returning).
    Cloud-based Backup on Android | RalphvandenBerg.com [Ramblings]
Search tags for this page

android wallpaper cache

android wipe data and cache
cache background for android
how to wipe android system