Background apps?

Reedvillian

Reaction score
I'm loving my Nexus so for, but I just have a few questions. I am running the volume+ and Lightflow apps that were reccommended in this forum.
How do these apps work? Do they have to be running at all times for them to work? If I hit the the "apps running" softkey and swipe them away, do they still run in the background?.
Is there a way to get them to run at startup?
Hope everyone is having a great day thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm loving my Nexus so for, but I just have a few questions. I am running the volume+ and Lightflow apps that were reccommended in this forum.
How do these apps work? Do they have to be running at all times for them to work? If I hit the the "apps running" softkey and swipe them away, do they still run in the background?.
Is there a way to get them to run at startup?
Hope everyone is having a great day thanks

First you need to understand how android deals with apps that do not "have focus" (are not on the screen active): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...-assistance/116993-new-android-check-out.html

After reading through some of the stuff in that thread, you will have a better understanding of the apps issue. My take is that even if those apps are truly "running" in the background they are using so very little amount of battery power that they have never even shown up in the battery usage chart at Settings/Battery. And that chart will show the top apps/services that are using battery power.

Good luck.