1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Back-Up

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by ugadawgs23, May 24, 2010.

1. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 New Member

Looking for any (hopefully free) app that lets me backup my current apps that I have. Thanks
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

ASTRO will do what you want.

Why not just use AppBrain and sync to the market so you can always have the latest versions?
  3. paintballer9876

paintballer9876 New Member

System panel is one I like backs up every app on sd also tells you a lot of info about your phone, and if you feel the need it can kill apps for you.
  4. cag0331

cag0331 New Member

If you're rooted, try the app "titanium backup". It can backup all your data and system data/setting so if you need to do a factory reset you can get your phone back to exactly the way it was. It also restores the market links to your apps so you will continue to get update alerts; I don't know of any other apps that have this feature. I would suggest paying for the license key because that enables batch backup/restore. If you're not rooted, for reliability I suggest spending the money on "My Backup Pro" as its created by a company instead of an individual developer-- this isn't always good but in this situation I believe it means better service and more reliability. My backup pro also allows you to backup your apps to an online server they allow you to use for no additional cost.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. naman919

naman919 New Member

While I use Titanium for local backup, I do have a redundancy implemented with My Backup Pro. MBP will backup to an online site, in case of lost hardware.

You can also set MBP to schedule automatic backups, though IIRC they are only for system settings, etc and not apps. The apps have to be manually backed up with MBP to either the SD card or their online site via the app.

I recommend both, but as stated TB requires Root.