back up to unroot

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by arasky, Jan 15, 2011.

1. arasky

arasky New Member

my d1's phones screens all jacked so i need to unroot to take it into verizon. once they either give me a new device or tell me to go through asurion, i want to reroot to everything that i have now. should i do a clockwork mod backup/ titanium/ nandroid? i'm not sure whats going to give me the best coverage, thanks.
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

I would suggest a Titanium backup of app and app data only (no system data) because that can be used reliably on any ROM. Just copy the backup folder onto your computer and push it back on whatever new phone you get.

By "jacked up" im assuming you mean a hardware failure?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

+1 ^^^ this. And go ahead and do a clockworkmod (this is the same as a nandroid) backup as well. You _should_ be keeping your sdcard to transfer to your new phone as well.

Once you get your new phone, make sure you're connected via WiFi when you sign back into your google account. Then set the phone down and wait until you get an "xxx applications restored" notification. Then, before you try to run any apps at all, root your phone. Then go ahead and see if Titanium was one of the ones restored. If not, go and get it.

From there it sounds as though you should know how to proceed.

good luck
  4. arasky

arasky New Member

thanks guys. my touch screen no longer worked. It would work for only about 5 seconds after i turned the screen on then it would no longer respond. I had to repeatedly turn the screen on and off to get anything done. vzw gave me a "like-new" one since i have the extended warranty, (how do they still have them in stock??). I put my old sd card in, rerooted, reflashed clockwork on rom manager, and did a nandroid restore and its just like my original phone. Except the new droid doesnt like ulv kernels so im stuck with the low voltage ones, oh well at least i didnt loose all my angry bird levels!
  5. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

After all..that is what's most important! lol
Search tags for this page

backup phone to unroot

backup unrooted android data
como desrootear un android con un backup
titanium backup un root phone
titanium backup unroot from s4
titanium unroot
unroot backup apps