Back up programs

Alster2005

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good back up program. I got a new Droid phone because of charging issues. I was using my back up pro. I tried to restore everything on my new phone and a lot of stuff was missing. If I remember right I restored my phone through google, I think. That for the most part worked fine. I had a password keeper app and a recipe app. The only problems is everthing stored on these two apps were gone. Is there a way to restore a phone to exactly how the lost or old phone was? Is there a way to back up ALL the data on my laptop? I just need a way to restore the new phone exactly the way I had the old phone with ALL the data. I just need to figure this out, so I won't get stuck at the last minute when the time arives when I need to do it. Any suggestions?

timrock

Reaction score
you may need to root and use bootstrap recovery. MyBackup Pro also has a root version as well. This is the only way to backup your entire phone state.

adsfa34

Reaction score
There is no way to restore your entire phone's state without root (superuser) access. Google backs up select data, such as contacts, downloaded apps, and some preferences like passwords to WiFi, but just about nothing else.

Unfortunately, there's also no way to retroactively do a backup to restore all that data. It would be possible for you to root and do a backup for future needs, but not restore data that was never backed up.

Titanium Backup is a great backup app, but requires root access. Aside from that, I backup regularly using ClockworkMod Recovery (root access and a supported phone required for that too...the Droid is obviously OK for CW recovery). There is plenty of documentation on this so that you can decide if it's for you or not.

Good luck :)