back up assistance

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
im haveing problems with my backup assistance i keep getting a error that says incorrect pic i got this error before what i did was did factory reset and it fixed it for a few months then it did it again is there anyway to fix this without doing a reset? i herd u can also use google as a back up assistant how do i go about doing this>?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open contacts, press menu key, and export to SD and your contacts will be there. Or you can go online to your VZW account and find your info there from backup asst.

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
is there a way to disable back up assistant and does google update itself or have to manually do it?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can freeze BUAsst only if you're rooted using Titanium Backup. you have to manually export contacts. Sign into your gmail and you can send yourself your phonebook as well. The easiest way for me is to just go to contacts and export to SD

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
so is there anyway to fix the backup error? with out a factory reset?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Just stop using it altogether. Export your contacts to your sdcard, import them to gmail and your done. Any contact you add from then on would be backed up in gmail and you can get rid of backup assistant or even stop it from syncing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
do i have to be rooted or if i save them first to my sd card before i do the factory reset then when they ask u to use backup assistant just skip that step

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
No root necessary, and yes you could skip that step. Use gmail or import them yourself.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
ok I saved them to my sd card and exported them to gmail now does google I update every night or do I have to manually do it if I add a new contact? And also how do I find my phone contacts on my sd card could I delete them since there on gmail now?