Back to the Beast

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Dr.Soul, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Dr.Soul

Dr.Soul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so I got bored and screen redraws started getting worse so I decided to try out ud 7(which worked just fine) but 928 doesnt offer Black Glass for it so I got bored last night and finally installed rom manager flashed clock work and installed Cyanogen rc2 and Black Glass. Bad idea, that was about the crappiest bunch of non-sense I have ever tried. So I downloaded BBvo.4 wiped data and cache3x both and installed the rom, Black glass and P3 250-1000lv kernel (exact setup as I had before I left BB) and now launcher pro force closes alot (50% of the time after boot) and I am getting a bunch or random reboots. The only thing that has changed since I was on BB previously is that I used ClockWork to install. I have ran fix permissions to try and fix the launcher pro forceclose, but I am stuck any ideas?:icon_evil:

2. Lurkingfear

Lurkingfear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i was told random reboots ment your phone couldn't handle the speed it was clocked at... i tried a lower clock and it worked to resolve the random reboots.

3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i dont get why you want black glass when ud7 basically looks exactly the same? am i missing something?

4. DarkNet

DarkNet Member

Ratings:
    +1
    try a lower clock speed. My phone handles best at 250-800Mhz. anytihng higher then that I I get freezes.

Currently using CM6R3 and it screams....

5. Dr.Soul

Dr.Soul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its not even close to looking the same, go check the list of themed apps in black glass, plus the naked contacts add on(which is the sweetest thing on any theme).

And to the other points about the clock speed being to high. It is no different than my previous BB setup that I had 0 reboots on.

6. theheklor

theheklor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really like Black Glass. It makes you look like such a fanboi with all of the "Droid Does" propaganda, and it makes things run slower. I don't know why, but everything got slower as soon as I installed it. If those two probs were gone, it would definitely be a sweet theme.

7. Dr.Soul

Dr.Soul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can agree with the droid does thing but it didn't make my phone run slower.