Back to stock (or is it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I just used the recently posted by bury full stock rom, and it seems to have restored everything but has kept things like:

Wifi key for my home wifi,
My background and (almost all) home setup from my first nandroid
And any data that is related to the internal list of apps I had (not the gmail backup list, or the app data or apps themselves). When the phone was set up market did its usual restore of apps and had a lot of things double listed until it completed.

I was expecting a complete wipe and reflash of stock, unless I am mistaken and things like this are kept on the sd card? Otherwise it worked flawlessly and I have no more FC issues from certain system things.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

leobg

Reaction score
Google has restored those for you. Once you login to your google account after wipe, few things like wifi passwords, desktop wallpaper and apps get pushed back to your phone automatically. This is actually a very nice feature IMO. You can of course opt out from restoring apps and settings by unticking the coresponding checkbox during the initial boot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
I assume you wiped data?
Regaedless, most if not all of those items get restored when you log into your google account the first time.

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I understand apps and contacts lol but wifi passwords? I would like to have that NOT get stored. I have mine memorized :/

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Oh yes I wiped cache, data, anything that cwm let me wipe before reflashing stock lol

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Yeah, wifi is backuped...as far as I know, there is no way to exclude just wifi from google backup...Google is great but sometimes the focus seems to be on convenience rather than security.

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
On a side note, flashing your stock fixed my com.android.settings brightness and battery usage force closes, but flashing fission broke them again. I never had this problem with fission until about a week ago :/ off topic...but still aggravating.

Neverblu

Reaction score
the backup process involving wifi passwords is relatively safe, being as if you look at the wpa_supplicant.conf in data/misc/wifi for wifi, it does not save mac addresses, dns address or anything else that could lead to your personal/business network, the only thing it saves is password key, key style(wpa2 tsk ect ect), sshid and priority over other networks you have saved.

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes I tried a nandroid backup, reflash, and even deleted and redownloaded my copy of fission. Same issues.

Going back to stock fixes, fission breaks. I don't know why this started happening (I had just got used to the pure vanilla style too!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.