Back to Stock Home Screen - anyone else?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
None of the home screen modifiers work with Bettercut. That's why I'm sticking with stock.
Sure they do. I'm running Panda Home and used BC to change the icons.

No idea how you did it. When I go into "Edit Shortcut" it only shows me the ones on the default Home screen.
It's really a "Round-about" kinda process, but until they get direct support it still works fine. What you do is put all the shortcuts you want to change on the default homescreen app. Then go back to the home screen alternative of your choice and open BetterCut and modify the Icons. What that will do is change the icons in the homescreen and add it to your alternative homescreen.

Berzerker

Reaction score
Sure they do. I'm running Panda Home and used BC to change the icons.

No idea how you did it. When I go into "Edit Shortcut" it only shows me the ones on the default Home screen.
It's really a "Round-about" kinda process, but until they get direct support it still works fine. What you do is put all the shortcuts you want to change on the default homescreen app. Then go back to the home screen alternative of your choice and open BetterCut and modify the Icons. What that will do is change the icons in the homescreen and add it to your alternative homescreen.
Ah. Great. Thanks.

ness180

Reaction score
I tried Home++ and I didn't like it at all.

I like the simplicity of the stock home screen. Plus I really don't need any more screens. I only use two screens!

Beautiful Widgets + stock home screen = Good to go for me.

Berzerker

Reaction score
Launcher+ is a great addition because all it does is add extra homescreens and I'm diggin' it now.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Only reason I can't go back to stock is because of the bar at the bottom of Home++. I don't know how you guys can seriously deal without a one click phone or contacts button without using up icons. It just seems tacky and ridiculous that we have to launch an app for the phone to come up.

djbis

Reaction score
Panda was not reliable. Lots of crashes every day.
I did like how many features I got, but I can't use them properly if the program can't function quickly.
Home ++ is a bit faster, and no crashes. I love the menu bar at the bottom too. overall I am very happy with it but I would like to go back to the stock HOME if it makes more than 3 screens available.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only reason I can't go back to stock is because of the bar at the bottom of Home++. I don't know how you guys can seriously deal without a one click phone or contacts button without using up icons. It just seems tacky and ridiculous that we have to launch an app for the phone to come up.

I definitely know what you mean, I think each Home alternative app has their own "thing" that you get attached to. For me it was the App Dock in GDE. It was soo handy to have, unfortunately I grew so tired of the lagging and Force closing that I just had to switch back. And in all honesty I'm really enjoying it, for some reason my phone feels so much more snappier.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Launcher+ is a great addition because all it does is add extra homescreens and I'm diggin' it now.
I wish that's all it did. It sure did something to slow down my phone response time as well as lots of FC's. Like I said earlier, I'm just going to hold out with the faster response on the Droid until 2.1 is available publicly for it and get additional home screens.

LordKastle

Reaction score
why ruin a perfect and symbolic background wallpaper that I have chosen with a different home screen clouded by icons and widgets?

throw some icons and shortcuts on the edges of the outer-home screens and thats it.

imiller913

Reaction score
I have been knocking around uninstalling home++ becuase of the lag and just use the default screens, but haven't done it yet.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm also noticing since going back to the stock Droid Home screen that Slacker and Pandora are a lot more responsive now. Anyone else?

imiller913

Reaction score
I have been knocking around uninstalling home++ becuase of the lag and just use the default screens, but haven't done it yet.

ok I uninstalled it yesterday I think and everything seems to be a bit more smooth and I forgot how fast this thing was wow.

korp

Reaction score
I'm also noticing since going back to the stock Droid Home screen that Slacker and Pandora are a lot more responsive now. Anyone else?
More free memory .... I don't really notice any differences on the radio programs but the overall phone experience gets quicker ... especially going back to the home screen. A dock is definitely a feature that should have been included and at least 4 or 5 screens .... not having access to the phone without pressing home a couple times is a con because really first and foremost thats what it is ... a phone.