Back to Stock Home Screen - anyone else?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may do that as well. I have 4 screens with Home++ and it seems to run fine. But when 2.1 comes out I'll see what the stock home can do. I like having the phone on every screen, but if I really need that with stock I can put one on each.

darreno1

Reaction score
I used home ++ for a while then had some sluggishness, switched back to stock for a while and now I'm back to Home ++.

I've found a way to almost completely cut down on the sluggishness - disable zooming animation [preferences > graphics]. Now it seems just as fast as stock. Hopefully it will stay that way.

What I really, really like about home ++ is that little icon strip at the bottom. It keeps the clutter down all the while providing quick access to important functions.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I've been using GDE for a while now. I really like it, and it is my favorite out of all the home replacements I've tried. Never really had many issues with it at all but I think I might go back to the home screen for a bit just as a change. I get bored easily.

MK-9

Reaction score
I like home++. But, the "wake up" time it takes after unlock drives me nuts. And the startup time for the screen switcher is way too long to be useful.

I somehow seem to have removed something that was causing a conflict and most of the FC's are gone now though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just staying with the standard screen. It's funny be wise I never used themes with my blackberry. I'm going to keep it simple. I guess I like my smart phone to be a bit boring.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Home++ here.

I've seen / used 2.1 and it's cool, but am sure Home++ will have an update which will utilize the live wallpaper and new icon behavior.

- Mega

J

Johnly

I love Home++ and think they do a good job. I uninsulated because of issues, but in home++ defence, they seem to respond quickly with updates.

I am enjoying an essentially flawless, fast, long lasting phone with the stock theme, haven't had a force close in a long time, kinda nice...

djstar2k2

Reaction score
damn i dont want 5 screens i keep mine mine pretty clean i like a sexy pic of a woman (perferally big booty) and the two side screens a phone widget and messaging and the other side google search. i played with the 5 on my moms eris and i just dont dig it

acturbo

Reaction score
I really do like having 4 home screens but after trying Home++ and Panda, I have gone back to stock. I absolutely could not stand the delay I would get sometimes when trying to make a phone call amongst other things. Stock for me for now(have not uninstalled the other 2 home apps yet), until they work out the bugs Im fine with the stock home for now.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Running Home++ for now. Fixing to do away with it. I am having lots of force closes and alot of times when I wake up my phone I have no icons at all. I have to shut off phone and reboot. Now my bluetooth will not toggle. Just way to many issues with it. However I do like having 6 screens.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Running Home++ for now. Fixing to do away with it. I am having lots of force closes and alot of times when I wake up my phone I have no icons at all. I have to shut off phone and reboot. Now my bluetooth will not toggle. Just way to many issues with it. However I do like having 6 screens.

jigsaw, try to never use the app drawer, and see if you still have Force Close and widget issues.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I've tried home++ and pandahome, I like home++ but just a bit to laggy for me so I'm back to the default home and really it does what I need and I like it. So I'll probably stay with the default and hope for great things from 2.1 if we get it.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
I have had GDE on my Droid for over a month and it has performed fantastic. It doesn't lag I have never had a force close, or any other problems others have reported. I have it set up for 4 screens, cube rotate and the Obsidian skin for it. I don't know if I am just lucky and got a very good phone, but I have had very few problems with my Droid overall and as I said, zero problems with GDE.

aamzalag

Reaction score
i dunno guys, i use home++ even when on the 2.1 rom, its a lot faster than the stock roms, or evne the rooted 2.1. plus the bottom bar with the dialer etc is very useful..