1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Back to Stock from GPA14

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kevev99, Apr 19, 2011.

1. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

Hi All. Before you all go "WHAT???", it's not really that bad. I am going to be upgrading to a new DROID model in the next few weeks. Still deciding, input apprecited.

Anyway, the reason for the post is I am going to be selling my OG DROID to a colleague at work. She is not the most tech savvy person. When I told her the phone was rooted and running a custom Android OS she almost backed out of the deal. I told her I would set the phone back to it's original settings with the most recent OTA update from Verizon. So my question is, can someone point me in the right direction for step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Here's what I need to know:
    1. What's the most recent OTA update and where can I get the SBF and the ZIP files to do this?
    2. When I rooted I did everything via RSDLite. I'd like to re-root the phone that way if possible. How do I do that?
    3. I understand I have to use SPRecovery to flash the update.zip, which is easy enough, if I do it that way, right?
    4. How do I flash the original stock recovery back and where do I get those files?
    Let me know if I'm missing anything. Greatly appreciate the response. I've found multiple ways in other threads and on other sites, but everything seems to be over a year old, and isn't always straight forward.
  2. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

Peter Alfonso

Use RSDLite to flash the FRG83D SBF file (will completely reset the phone to stock, including recovery), rename the FRG83G from FRG83D .zip to update.zip, put it in the root of your SD card, reboot the phone into recovery, press the camera button if I'm not mistaken, choose Install update or whatever the option is to flash update.zip in stock recovery, let it run, and you have your completely stock, latest update Droid 1. :)

Don't quote me on this though, I'm just 95% sure this will work.

*Edit* Also, your phone might get the latest OTA pushed to it once you reboot into FRG83D and reactivate the phone if necessary (*228).
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

Thanks Pete. Good info to have. In the meantime I'm going to have some fun with GPA15.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

What phones are you trying to decide between? Staying with Verizon?
  5. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

Yeah staying with Verizon. Pretty open at this point. Like I said, still have a few weeks, likely end of June.

6. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

Correct that, May.

7. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

As much as it hurts, I would say to wait. Do you have to upgrade? Is it a work phone? There will be some good phones coming out through the summer. Non 4G dual cores, a few other 4G choices. Especially since we now HAVE to sign a 2-year contract, the Thunderbolt is going to seem insufficient in 6 months. Just my opinon.
  8. KaosMcRage

KaosMcRage New Member

Whatever phone Pete gets. That's what I want. :p
  9. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

You're welcome, but I'm not Pete ;)
  10. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

I noticed that. Problem with posting from the DroidForums app. Appreciate the help!
  11. kevev99

kevev99 New Member

Do I have to upgrade, no. I use my phone for work, but it's not through work. I was thinking of getting something from swappa.com that's better than the OG DROID, sort of cheap, as I feel I've tapped out all I can do with the DROID. It's more so I can continue to have rooted fun for the next 6 months since I'm feeling limited by the DROID.

I can't officially upgrade until December (thus a used phone), but I have a $125 offer on the table for the phone, and I paid $150 brand new last year. It truly will be Christmas when I can officially upgrade. I've been locked in 2-year contracts with Verizon for years. I have no issues with that as I really love the service I get. I use Best Buy when I get phones now, and usually only upgrade in 2-year intervals.
  12. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

I can understand your coworker's wanting to buy the phone as original as she thinks it's best. However, you might get complaints when she experiences the immensely annoying launcher redraw lags.