Back to Droid

RedGecko

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well I had a droid, then bought an iPhone. I have to say that I like some of the features that both have, just wish I could combine the best of both worlds. Anyway I just bought a RAVR MAXX, Mainly to get upgraded to 4G and renew my contract with Verizon since they are getting rid of unlimited data for good.

The droid has changed a lot since my last droid phone. Still learning how to use and get used to it again over iPhone. So some of my questions might be how to get the Droid to act like iPhone in some respects.

Definitely missed a bunch of Droid features though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome back to the droid side :). The razr is a great device...lots of helpful people here :) enjoy!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
R

RedGecko

Reaction score
Cool thanks, yes a ton of info here. Hopefully I will be able help out once I learn more about phone. I already know more than my friend who has had Droid for few years. 2 days after I got mine, I was showing him stuff he didn't know about. I am just a researcher I guess.

Thanks again

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Gecko!! Always nice to see someone come back from the dark side :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum and congrats on the Razr!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! What kind of things do you wish your Droid had that your iPhone had?

Caesars

Reaction score
Welcome mate, I know exactly hownyounfeel :). I feel as if the maxx "saved" android (for me), in my personal and limited experience it's the first android phone I've used to be THIS smooth and functional lol. I've had other androids I loved, but always felt they were lacking compared to the iPhone, the maxx takes the cake IMHO.

FlamingFists

Reaction score
oh we're the same! i'm also adjusting to my new android. i'm not used to it so sometimes i'm having a hard time :/

OP
R

RedGecko

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Could use some help though. I am having trouble getting my phone to work with car stereo via bluetooth. I created another post, but not one reply. Don't know if I posted it in wrong section or what? Please help me out. This is the main feature that might make go back to iPhone. With advanced as this new droid is, there has got to be a way to make it work. Please let me know

Also in response to post, what I am missing now with the iPhone is the ease of use. It always worked with everything. Droid is having trouble.

OP
R

RedGecko

Reaction score

The ease of use to use it. It worked with everything. Battery life--i had my iPhone lasting up to a week. Although I got my droid up to 4 days so far. I also like how i could group apps into folders on main screen, for example a game folder to hold the games. The more I am learning about the droid though the more i like it. But its the bluetooth ordeal that is breaking it for me. I use my phone a lot when driving. Almost tempted to just keep my iPhone in the car to listen to music with it since i can't get the droid to work.

OP
R

RedGecko

Reaction score

Here is one thing that I would to figure out to do on the droid. on the iPhone, when i clicked the button to turn on screen, if there was a missed call or text message, it showed up on the lock screen. it was nice cause I could just hit the button and see if anyone called or texted me. with the droid, swipe to unlock, then hit in the code, then pull down from the notification menu just to see who called. Anyway to make those appear on the lock screen?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is one thing that I would to figure out to do on the droid. on the iPhone, when i clicked the button to turn on screen, if there was a missed call or text message, it showed up on the lock screen. it was nice cause I could just hit the button and see if anyone called or texted me. with the droid, swipe to unlock, then hit in the code, then pull down from the notification menu just to see who called. Anyway to make those appear on the lock screen?
I gotcha, I like that feature as well stock on iPhone. One thing you can do if you don't feel the need to root is download WidgetLocker. It's a couple of bucks, but lets you customize your homescreen however you wish. It has almost endless things you can do to it. One nice feature is that it lets you pull down the notification bar from the lock screen without unlocking it to see who texted, mailed, or called you. Plus, if you don't like that, WidgetLocker allows you to add widgets to your lock screen as well. Which means you can download a widget that shows missed calls or texts and place that on the lock screen.

Caesars

Reaction score
I know what you mean OP I'm using a maxx/iPad combo now and its the only way to get the best of both lol (w/o another phone line).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
R

RedGecko

Reaction score
Thanks Ben, I will definitly check it out. Also on a bad note, I have given up on trying to listen to music through Bluetooth from Droid to my car stereo. I have tried everything i could think of. My solution was load an old iTouch i have and listen to my music through that. I will just keep the iTouch in my glove compartment. I am bummed I could not get the droid to work. it was something to do with the security settings when the screen locks. Maybe this widget might help with that. I will post my findings if it works.