Back to Bugless

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JEchoff, Jun 7, 2010.

1. JEchoff

JEchoff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

So I upgraded my Droid to 2.2, but it's not quite as good as Bugless was on my phone. So my question is how do I get back to Bugless Beast 1.1? Is it as simple as backing everything up, wiping my phone, and applying Bugless as an update.zip in recovery, or am I missing something?

Thanks

2. beneharris

beneharris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah should be that simple!

3. JEchoff

JEchoff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply! I don't think I'm going to yet, but just in case I need to I know...

4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you did a nandroid of BB before you switched to froyo. All you do is restore

5. JEchoff

JEchoff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think I did, but now that I've done the baseband upgrade I've been much happier with FroYo. On a side note, has the Market been acting up for anyone else?

6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just updated a few market apps with no problems.

As to the baseband, whether you stay with froyo or go back to a differnt rom, you will still have the new baseband. Rom updates or nandroid restores will not touch the baseband. The only way to go back to 3p would be to up(down) grade to it, manually.

Craig

7. sdorn

sdorn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a new updated version of Froyo released last night over at MyDroidWorld. Check it out, too.

8. JEchoff

JEchoff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I plan on it it's just that I'm posting from school right now
    Is the new update working better for anyone?

9. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't ask me why, but wi-fi is seriously hosed with that release of Froyo, my signal meter is at 0 bars, and the laptop I'm on is at 5/5.

I tried two different OC'd kernels (P3 and some other one) with the same result.

-Mike

10. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am also back to bugless 1.1... i can't wait until pete puts out a 2.2 bugless beast... I haven't had any issues with 2.2 other then some apps not working, and no cp command in the terminal... but i like bb1.1 way better... its very buggy if you don't do what you need to do...

what i did, was right after the isntall, i did a data factory wipe... installed P3 1.1 kernel before even rebooting...

once i rebooted, before running ANYTHING that asks for root, i rebooted into recovery and loaded team chaos clean black theme with a busybox fix built in and rebooted.

i went to the market, downloaded launcher pro and ripped out Launcher2 and rebooted.

Then i downloaded setcpu and overclocked once i had everything set and then proceded with my root applications... runs like a champ and even have flash running pretty smooth (on wi-fi)... but my resources are constantly down around 35-40M available... although everything still runs smooth... obviously something in that ROM sucks up resources...