back to 2.01

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok well i held up on the dpad and it went into the bootloader, and it is showing up on rsd lite, but says n/a for imei/esn/meid..is that ok?

***edit ok well i said screw it and did it anyway, it finished, yet at the end said failed..but when it loaded back up, it had worked and its back to stock 2.01..so im guessing it worked? lol now for the rooting process..

From my understanding rsd lite is iffy at best and often says failed even though it worked. So as long as it worked good deal!

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
hah thanks for the help..really appreciate it..now would you like helping me some more? lol.. in order to get ultimate droid v9.8 now i must root my droid first right?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
hah thanks for the help..really appreciate it..now would you like helping me some more? lol.. in order to get ultimate droid v9.8 now i must root my droid first right?

Of course...its what we do:icon_ banana:

Yes you gotta root again. May I suggest the quick and easy method of DMupdater from droidmod.org. it will root and flash sprecovery for you then you can install any rom you want. BTW UD 9.8 is pretty sweet.

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
yes thats why i wanted to get back to 2.01 so bad so i could root my phone and get that on it..lol, so now im rooted! and i have the superuse permission on my phone. Now to get ultimate droid v9.8 how do i go about that..sorry im asking so many questions, its just theres 4 download links there and im not sure which one to do..

Last edited:
OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score
im just getting all confused now..because it says to backup apps, but i thought google did a backup of the apps? and is sprecovery supposed to be somewhere on my phone from using dmupdater or does it just not show up?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
im just getting all confused now..because it says to backup apps, but i thought google did a backup of the apps? and is sprecovery supposed to be somewhere on my phone from using dmupdater or does it just not show up?

The market remembers what apps you paid for, but all of the rest you are on your own for. Which, is why a backup is a good thing. Plus if you do a backup, you can save your settings, scores on games, and other things. Also it is quicker since you dont' have to download X number of apps. Google will sync your contacts and calendar, and maybe some other things too.

SPRecovery if you installed it, replaces your old recovery. When you hold X while powering on you will boot into SPRecovery.

OP
C

chadwick02

Reaction score

The market remembers what apps you paid for, but all of the rest you are on your own for. Which, is why a backup is a good thing. Plus if you do a backup, you can save your settings, scores on games, and other things. Also it is quicker since you dont' have to download X number of apps. Google will sync your contacts and calendar, and maybe some other things too.

SPRecovery if you installed it, replaces your old recovery. When you hold X while powering on you will boot into SPRecovery.

ya i figured that out, and its installed and working..but how to i get the other different launchers on there..i installed the nexthemed one..can you choose somewhere in the settings? or do you have to install those to somehow?